Air New Zealand Scores the Highest in British Mag's Satisfaction Ratings
By Reissa Su | February 20, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Air New Zealand has topped a survey of the largest British consumer magazine. According to reports, "Which?" magazine asked 12,000 people through a survey of their airline experiences. The survey revealed that Air New Zealand along with Singapore Airlines had topped the list with a passenger satisfaction rating of 87 per cent.
An airline traveller checks his mobile phone as he transits through Terminal 3 at Linbergh Field airport in San Diego, California, November 6, 2013.
Airline passengers gave Iberia Airlines the lowest rating with 28 per cent. The UK magazine asked passengers to rate airlines based on their overall experience including the likelihood of recommending them to a friend.
Out of the given nine criteria, Air New Zealand scored five stars in eight of them. New Zealand's national carrier was rated high for its leg room, food and beverage, in-flight entertainment, punctuality and value for money.
Chief marketing and customer officer Mike Tod from Air New Zealand remarked that the results of the survey only reflects the unique service of the airline including its innovative in-flight entertainment. This makes Air New Zealand stand out from its competitors.
Despite the positive raves about New Zealand's airline, aviation commentator Peter Clarke takes satisfaction surveys with a "grain of salt." He said he has doubts about the significance and value of the survey since many of them are being promoted all the time. Mr Clarke believes airlines are quick to promote the results of the survey if it will put them in a positive light.
The British magazine's executive director Richard Lloyd said the survey also revealed how airlines greatly vary. He said it pays to choose an airline that will transport passengers to the desired destinations without the hassle.
Aside from the UK magazine, Air NZ was awarded Airline of the Year. Air New Zealand, also recognised as one of the world's safest airlines, was hailed the Airline of the Year by AirlineRatings.com. The popular travel international site has chosen Air New Zealand for its strong financial performance, customer service, operational safety and in-flight innovations.
The travel site praised New Zealand's carrier for its commitment to its fleet and environmental awareness. Air New Zealand earned the distinction of being the best premium economy class.
AirlineRatings was launched in June 2012 and rates airline companies around the world using a seven-star system. The people behind the ratings are a group of aviation editors with a combined 150 -year experience in the airline industry.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS