More Apple iPhone 6 Images and Specs Leaked: What Will the Next iPhone Look Like?
By Precious Silva | February 20, 2014 4:29 PM EST
The market has been curious for some time now about Apple’s iPhone 6. Reports and rumours about the specs of the device have been surfacing non-stop. More interesting are the set of leaked photos that came up. Reports claim Apple’s iPhone 6 will feature two display sizes: 4.7 and 5.5 inches. Unlike the glass or plastic cutouts previously associated with the upcoming device, it seems the next Apple smartphone will have an aluminium body. What will the next iPhone look like?
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
Samsung will be announcing the Samsung Galaxy S5 this Feb 24. This means all eyes are also on its biggest competitor, Apple. According to reports, Apple will be announcing the iPhone 6 around June or September. Despite a few months more into the timeline, reports and rumours about the device have spread.
The most interesting of these reports is Apple's plan on offering two iPhone 6 variants: one smartphone and one phablet. As mentioned, these will have 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays. Apple device leaker Sonny Dickson has something to add to these reports. Likewise, MacRumors have also posted more leaked photos of the device.
According to the leaked images, the featured device is the prototype of the iPhone 6. The photos were reportedly shared with the site by an anonymous Twitter user. There are no confirmations whether the photos really feature the iPhone 6, but leaks have proven useful previously. Dickson posted the photos on his Twitter account with the label "teasers." He did not offer other details about the photos.
For the leaked photos, click here.
An update posted on BGR says that a Reddit user presented convincing arguments about the photos. The user claimed that the photos do not feature the iPhone 6. They are renders from a graphic designer back in late 2013. Other reported details about the device include a sapphire screen, Sony FaceTime camera module and thinner design.
There are no further details about the specs. Apple will have to provide an announcement yet for the actual release of the device. Analysts believe the company will be pushing standards for the next iPhone 6. The company has been investing in interesting patents like solar panels and wireless charging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell