Lorde Kills It With Her First Ever Duet With Disclosure at the BRIT Awards 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 20, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Singer Lorde continued her winning streak at the 2014 Brit Awards in London on Wednesday evening. The 17-year-old Grammy Award winning artist from New Zealand enthralled the audience with her spell bounding performance on "Royals" with English production duo Disclosure.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The teenage singing sensation beat the likes of Katy Perry and Pink to the Brit Award for Best International Female artist at the star-studded ceremony. The Kiwi-born singer whose real name is Ella Yelich-O'Connor did not practice with Disclosure but they did a wonderful job singing the duet. Singer Aluna George later sang Lorde's other hit song "White Noise," with the band.
"We get a few hours' rehearsal before the performance so hopefully it will come together," said Lawrence from Disclosure to gossip Web site Holly Wood Life.
"She was amazing at the Grammys. That gave us an idea of what to expect at the Brits," he added, according to the Web site.
The duet turned out to be mesmerizing. Lorde was dressed in her trademark black colour dress with her wavy hair left open and wild. She chose to apply really dark shades of purple lip colour and eye shadow to create that magic Lorde effect. The singer also posted a picture of herself getting ready in front of the mirror for the big night on Twitter. Later she also expressed her excitement to her fans as she won the Brit Award at the show.
Lorde has surprised everyone with her song "Royals" that has been continuously winning awards and praises. However, the singer herself is relatively bored of the song and has reportedly expressed her desire to pull it out from the radio. She was just 15-years-old when she penned down the Grammy Award winning song. Meanwhile, check out Lorde giving the wonderful performance at the BRIT Awards show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate