Lorde Kills It With Her First Ever Duet With Disclosure at the BRIT Awards 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 20, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Singer Lorde continued her winning streak at the 2014 Brit Awards in London on Wednesday evening. The 17-year-old Grammy Award winning artist from New Zealand enthralled the audience with her spell bounding performance on "Royals" with English production duo Disclosure.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The teenage singing sensation beat the likes of Katy Perry and Pink to the Brit Award for Best International Female artist at the star-studded ceremony. The Kiwi-born singer whose real name is Ella Yelich-O'Connor did not practice with Disclosure but they did a wonderful job singing the duet. Singer Aluna George later sang Lorde's other hit song "White Noise," with the band.
"We get a few hours' rehearsal before the performance so hopefully it will come together," said Lawrence from Disclosure to gossip Web site Holly Wood Life.
"She was amazing at the Grammys. That gave us an idea of what to expect at the Brits," he added, according to the Web site.
The duet turned out to be mesmerizing. Lorde was dressed in her trademark black colour dress with her wavy hair left open and wild. She chose to apply really dark shades of purple lip colour and eye shadow to create that magic Lorde effect. The singer also posted a picture of herself getting ready in front of the mirror for the big night on Twitter. Later she also expressed her excitement to her fans as she won the Brit Award at the show.
Lorde has surprised everyone with her song "Royals" that has been continuously winning awards and praises. However, the singer herself is relatively bored of the song and has reportedly expressed her desire to pull it out from the radio. She was just 15-years-old when she penned down the Grammy Award winning song. Meanwhile, check out Lorde giving the wonderful performance at the BRIT Awards show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments