Lorde Kills It With Her First Ever Duet With Disclosure at the BRIT Awards 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 20, 2014 4:20 PM EST
Singer Lorde continued her winning streak at the 2014 Brit Awards in London on Wednesday evening. The 17-year-old Grammy Award winning artist from New Zealand enthralled the audience with her spell bounding performance on "Royals" with English production duo Disclosure.
Singer Lorde performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The teenage singing sensation beat the likes of Katy Perry and Pink to the Brit Award for Best International Female artist at the star-studded ceremony. The Kiwi-born singer whose real name is Ella Yelich-O'Connor did not practice with Disclosure but they did a wonderful job singing the duet. Singer Aluna George later sang Lorde's other hit song "White Noise," with the band.
"We get a few hours' rehearsal before the performance so hopefully it will come together," said Lawrence from Disclosure to gossip Web site Holly Wood Life.
"She was amazing at the Grammys. That gave us an idea of what to expect at the Brits," he added, according to the Web site.
The duet turned out to be mesmerizing. Lorde was dressed in her trademark black colour dress with her wavy hair left open and wild. She chose to apply really dark shades of purple lip colour and eye shadow to create that magic Lorde effect. The singer also posted a picture of herself getting ready in front of the mirror for the big night on Twitter. Later she also expressed her excitement to her fans as she won the Brit Award at the show.
Lorde has surprised everyone with her song "Royals" that has been continuously winning awards and praises. However, the singer herself is relatively bored of the song and has reportedly expressed her desire to pull it out from the radio. She was just 15-years-old when she penned down the Grammy Award winning song. Meanwhile, check out Lorde giving the wonderful performance at the BRIT Awards show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence