Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 vs. LG G Pad vs. Nexus 7 Specs Comparison
By Sachin Trivedi | February 20, 2014 4:14 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, LG G Pad or the Nexus 7, here is a specs comparison between the devices. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes with an 8.4 inch Super clear LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1600 x 2560 pixels resolution. The LG G Pad comes with an 8.3 inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1200 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Nexus 7 comes with a 7 inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 800 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes with 219 x 128.5 x 7.2 mm dimensions and weighs 331 grams. The LG G Pad comes with 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3 mm dimensions and weighs 338 grams. The Nexus 7 comes with 198.5 x 120 x 10.5 mm dimensions and weighs 340 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G Pad is equipped with a 1.7 GHz quad core krait 300 processor and Qualcomm APQ8064 Pro Snapdragon 600 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nexus 7 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The LG G Pad runs on the Jelly Bean operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The Nexus 7 runs on the Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash the secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The LG G Pad sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Nexus 7 sports a 1.2 MP primary camera and does not have a secondary camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 4800 mAh battery, the LG G Pad comes with a non-removable Li-Po 4600 mAh battery and the Nexus 7 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 4325 mAh battery.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft