Actress Geetika Tyagi Accuses Subhash Kapoor of Molestation; Slaps ‘Jolly LLB’ Director
By Ankita Mehta | February 20, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Subhash Kapoor, director of "Jolly LLB", has been accused of molesting "One By Two" actress Geetika Tyagi over a year ago.
Geetika Tyagi slapping Subhash Kapoor
The actress on 17 February uploaded a 30 minute video on YouTube titled "Subhash Kapoor's True Face". She later shared the video link on her official Twitter handle on 18 February.
The video, which shows Kapoor, his wife Dimple Kharbanda, 'Aurangzeb' director Atul Sabharwal and Tyagi, was apparently taken with a hidden camera.
Sabharwal, who encouraged Tyagi to post the video online, was seen as a mediator between Kapoor and Tyagi.
In the video, Kapoor and his wife are seen trying to conciliate a crying Tyagi as she talks about being scarred after she was supposedly molested by the director. Tyagi even slapped the director.
Kharbanda said that "for me things have changed forever". She also pleaded to Tyagi not to reveal the matter because of her son.
Kapoor seems to have admitted to the sexual encounter with Tyagi but does not appear to defend his act in the video.
"I have no defence at the moment. Last one-and-a-half year there hasn't been a single day when that incident hasn't crossed my mind. I have never been a part of anything remotely like this. I regret causing hurt to her (Geetika), to her (points at his wife) and to all the people," he said.
"I believe and I agree that no amount of any defence will satisfy. You are free to do what you want to do."
Meanwhile, along with the video she posted a note clarifying her intentions.
Read the note here:
a) to caution those girls who will come in contact with this man, Subhash Kapoor, socially or professionally and will make the mistake of looking up to him as father-figure or as an elder brother and trust him and
b) for all girls who, if god forbid become victims of sexual assault, not to give in to pleading of their attacker's wife, sister, mother, daughter or any woman who claims to be suffering and asks for your forgiveness for attacker. Dimple Kharbanda shamelessly attended film award functions within a week of this meeting that she did not know I was recording.
It is not easy to upload this. Like that sexual assault this too is invasion of my privacy that I am compelled to compromise by my own conscious to expose what Subash Kapoor did to me. A woman suffers in both the scenarios, when she stays quiet and when she speaks up.
I hope this fate does not befall on any woman anywhere."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS