Actress Geetika Tyagi Accuses Subhash Kapoor of Molestation; Slaps ‘Jolly LLB’ Director
By Ankita Mehta | February 20, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Subhash Kapoor, director of "Jolly LLB", has been accused of molesting "One By Two" actress Geetika Tyagi over a year ago.
Geetika Tyagi slapping Subhash Kapoor
The actress on 17 February uploaded a 30 minute video on YouTube titled "Subhash Kapoor's True Face". She later shared the video link on her official Twitter handle on 18 February.
The video, which shows Kapoor, his wife Dimple Kharbanda, 'Aurangzeb' director Atul Sabharwal and Tyagi, was apparently taken with a hidden camera.
Sabharwal, who encouraged Tyagi to post the video online, was seen as a mediator between Kapoor and Tyagi.
In the video, Kapoor and his wife are seen trying to conciliate a crying Tyagi as she talks about being scarred after she was supposedly molested by the director. Tyagi even slapped the director.
Kharbanda said that "for me things have changed forever". She also pleaded to Tyagi not to reveal the matter because of her son.
Kapoor seems to have admitted to the sexual encounter with Tyagi but does not appear to defend his act in the video.
"I have no defence at the moment. Last one-and-a-half year there hasn't been a single day when that incident hasn't crossed my mind. I have never been a part of anything remotely like this. I regret causing hurt to her (Geetika), to her (points at his wife) and to all the people," he said.
"I believe and I agree that no amount of any defence will satisfy. You are free to do what you want to do."
Meanwhile, along with the video she posted a note clarifying her intentions.
Read the note here:
a) to caution those girls who will come in contact with this man, Subhash Kapoor, socially or professionally and will make the mistake of looking up to him as father-figure or as an elder brother and trust him and
b) for all girls who, if god forbid become victims of sexual assault, not to give in to pleading of their attacker's wife, sister, mother, daughter or any woman who claims to be suffering and asks for your forgiveness for attacker. Dimple Kharbanda shamelessly attended film award functions within a week of this meeting that she did not know I was recording.
It is not easy to upload this. Like that sexual assault this too is invasion of my privacy that I am compelled to compromise by my own conscious to expose what Subash Kapoor did to me. A woman suffers in both the scenarios, when she stays quiet and when she speaks up.
I hope this fate does not befall on any woman anywhere."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools