Arsenal FC Transfer News: Agent Confirms Gunners Defender Summer Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Defender Thomas Vermaelen has, according to his agent, told Arsenal that he plans to look for first-team football elsewhere after this season.
"Thomas has told Wenger that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer." - Alex Kroes, Vermaelen's agent
After suffering several injuries this season, the Gunners skipper has found it hard to re-establish his spot in the starting 11 following impressive performances of dynamic pair Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker.
"Thomas has told Wenger that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer," Vermaelen's agent Alex Kroes told Le10 Sport.
The Belgian international, who is currently recuperating from a calf injury, is linked with a move to Serie A side Napoli, but his representative belied such rumours.
"Are the stories true? What you've read in the newspapers and on the internet is unfounded," he told UltimeCalcioNapoli.
"Things that have been reported are not true, and I say this with full knowledge of the facts."
"Some outlets are beginning to speculate, but that's all it is - speculation."
"Now is not the time to talk."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports