Arsenal FC Transfer News: Agent Confirms Gunners Defender Summer Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Defender Thomas Vermaelen has, according to his agent, told Arsenal that he plans to look for first-team football elsewhere after this season.
"Thomas has told Wenger that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer." - Alex Kroes, Vermaelen's agent
After suffering several injuries this season, the Gunners skipper has found it hard to re-establish his spot in the starting 11 following impressive performances of dynamic pair Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker.
"Thomas has told Wenger that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer," Vermaelen's agent Alex Kroes told Le10 Sport.
The Belgian international, who is currently recuperating from a calf injury, is linked with a move to Serie A side Napoli, but his representative belied such rumours.
"Are the stories true? What you've read in the newspapers and on the internet is unfounded," he told UltimeCalcioNapoli.
"Things that have been reported are not true, and I say this with full knowledge of the facts."
"Some outlets are beginning to speculate, but that's all it is - speculation."
"Now is not the time to talk."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage