'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Spoilers FINALE: Edith's Baby and Harold's Involvement with a Servant
By Vanessa Francisco | February 20, 2014 2:38 PM EST
The "Downton Abbey" Season 4 finale is set to hit PBS on Sunday, Feb. 23 and we have all the details about the two-hour episode. The special is scheduled to air at 9:00 P.M. and will follow Rose MacClare's (Lily James) debutante celebration. The grand ball will officially debut Rose to the Royal family and the rest of high society. It could also lead to opening new doors of love interests for the feisty cousin, who could actually be over her former fiancé, American jazz performer Jack Ross (Gary Carr).
The season finale will tell of major stories such as Edith's baby and Paul Giamatti's character. Though Edith may not be very happy about her new life as a mother, the audience will likely see her baby in this episode. The original plan was to have her baby in Switzerland but according to reports, it appears that she is coming back to London. Edith will still be conflicted with a moral dilemma involving Aunt Rosamund's (Samantha Bond) grand plan to have her baby adopted abroad. Isobel (Penelope Wilton) will meet an admirer and it could be elderly gentleman Lord Merton (Douglas Reith), who the Dowager happened to know. Daisy also gets herself an unexpected invitation.
Meanwhile, Giamatti's role as Cora's brother, Harold, is going to have a more detailed storyline. His connection with one of the servants will be revealed and it looks like there will be new characters to make an appearance besides Harold as well. Could it be the heartbroken cook?
Lady Rose will debut at Buckingham Palace, shown onscreen by the Lancaster House. The family will stay at Grantham House where they will be joined by Lady Cora's relatives from the U.S., mother Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine) and her brother Harold, who as mentioned above, will meet a lovely English lady. The biggest teaser is that the story between Bates and Anna is not yet over and will still continue. The family will find themselves in a big trouble because of "a scandal that threatens to engulf the monarchy." What did the Dowager have to say now? It could be a social misstep of a family member.
New characters is said to appear in Downton Abbey Season 5, including the Russian refugee and a guest of the Granthams played by Richard Grant and Rade Sherbedgia. Good thing the Grim Reaper will not be in the finale this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More