'RHOA' Fraud Scandal: Was Cynthia Bailey's Husband Peter Thomas Involved in Apollo Nida's Alleged Scam?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 20, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks are already dragging another "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member, Peter Thomas, into their legal issues. However, Thomas' wife, Cynthia Bailey, has denied all rumours. According to Jet magazine, Bailey said that Thomas is not involved with Nida's multiple counts of identity theft and fraud.
"I can't speak on Apollo but I can say that Peter does not have anything to do with a fraud scandal that I know of," Bailey stated. "The feds do not sit outside of our house. That is just inaccurate information."
Nida's close friend Thomas has also weighed in on Nida's fraud allegations. "I do not know anything about it," Thomas told Sister 2 Sister. "I absolutely have no comment on Nida's arrest. I just have to wait like everybody else and see how it will play out. I hope everything plays out for the best."
According to Georgia Secretary of State reports, Nida and Thomas do not have any official business partnership. Both Nida and Thomas started it rough, disagreeing and almost fighting at Km Zolciak's baby shower but they two have eventually become friends. They were again involved in another altercation when Nida tried to stop the fight but was later on attacked by Kenya Moore's friend, Brandon.
Thomas was quick to defend Nida's actions saying, "He is really a nice guy."
Nida is accused of a fraudulent scheme that establishes fake companies to mine private information that could be used to open fake bank accounts where stolen checks can be deposited to. He was arrested on Jan. 23 and released the next day on a $25,000 bail, with strict conditions prohibiting him from leaving the Atlanta area without supervision or drinking alcohol. Nida's lawyers have recently asked a judge to delay his trial until March.
Reports say An American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped off people by opening fake bank accounts under their real names. He was accused of acquiring stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline staff, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. His companies were supposedly set up to access LexisNexis, Equifax and other databases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments