'RHOA' Fraud Scandal: Was Cynthia Bailey's Husband Peter Thomas Involved in Apollo Nida's Alleged Scam?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 20, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks are already dragging another "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member, Peter Thomas, into their legal issues. However, Thomas' wife, Cynthia Bailey, has denied all rumours. According to Jet magazine, Bailey said that Thomas is not involved with Nida's multiple counts of identity theft and fraud.
"I can't speak on Apollo but I can say that Peter does not have anything to do with a fraud scandal that I know of," Bailey stated. "The feds do not sit outside of our house. That is just inaccurate information."
Nida's close friend Thomas has also weighed in on Nida's fraud allegations. "I do not know anything about it," Thomas told Sister 2 Sister. "I absolutely have no comment on Nida's arrest. I just have to wait like everybody else and see how it will play out. I hope everything plays out for the best."
According to Georgia Secretary of State reports, Nida and Thomas do not have any official business partnership. Both Nida and Thomas started it rough, disagreeing and almost fighting at Km Zolciak's baby shower but they two have eventually become friends. They were again involved in another altercation when Nida tried to stop the fight but was later on attacked by Kenya Moore's friend, Brandon.
Thomas was quick to defend Nida's actions saying, "He is really a nice guy."
Nida is accused of a fraudulent scheme that establishes fake companies to mine private information that could be used to open fake bank accounts where stolen checks can be deposited to. He was arrested on Jan. 23 and released the next day on a $25,000 bail, with strict conditions prohibiting him from leaving the Atlanta area without supervision or drinking alcohol. Nida's lawyers have recently asked a judge to delay his trial until March.
Reports say An American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped off people by opening fake bank accounts under their real names. He was accused of acquiring stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline staff, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. His companies were supposedly set up to access LexisNexis, Equifax and other databases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6