'RHOA' Fraud Scandal: Was Cynthia Bailey's Husband Peter Thomas Involved in Apollo Nida's Alleged Scam?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 20, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks are already dragging another "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member, Peter Thomas, into their legal issues. However, Thomas' wife, Cynthia Bailey, has denied all rumours. According to Jet magazine, Bailey said that Thomas is not involved with Nida's multiple counts of identity theft and fraud.
"I can't speak on Apollo but I can say that Peter does not have anything to do with a fraud scandal that I know of," Bailey stated. "The feds do not sit outside of our house. That is just inaccurate information."
Nida's close friend Thomas has also weighed in on Nida's fraud allegations. "I do not know anything about it," Thomas told Sister 2 Sister. "I absolutely have no comment on Nida's arrest. I just have to wait like everybody else and see how it will play out. I hope everything plays out for the best."
According to Georgia Secretary of State reports, Nida and Thomas do not have any official business partnership. Both Nida and Thomas started it rough, disagreeing and almost fighting at Km Zolciak's baby shower but they two have eventually become friends. They were again involved in another altercation when Nida tried to stop the fight but was later on attacked by Kenya Moore's friend, Brandon.
Thomas was quick to defend Nida's actions saying, "He is really a nice guy."
Nida is accused of a fraudulent scheme that establishes fake companies to mine private information that could be used to open fake bank accounts where stolen checks can be deposited to. He was arrested on Jan. 23 and released the next day on a $25,000 bail, with strict conditions prohibiting him from leaving the Atlanta area without supervision or drinking alcohol. Nida's lawyers have recently asked a judge to delay his trial until March.
Reports say An American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped off people by opening fake bank accounts under their real names. He was accused of acquiring stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline staff, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. His companies were supposedly set up to access LexisNexis, Equifax and other databases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best