'RHOA' Fraud Scandal: Was Cynthia Bailey's Husband Peter Thomas Involved in Apollo Nida's Alleged Scam?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 20, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks are already dragging another "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member, Peter Thomas, into their legal issues. However, Thomas' wife, Cynthia Bailey, has denied all rumours. According to Jet magazine, Bailey said that Thomas is not involved with Nida's multiple counts of identity theft and fraud.
"I can't speak on Apollo but I can say that Peter does not have anything to do with a fraud scandal that I know of," Bailey stated. "The feds do not sit outside of our house. That is just inaccurate information."
Nida's close friend Thomas has also weighed in on Nida's fraud allegations. "I do not know anything about it," Thomas told Sister 2 Sister. "I absolutely have no comment on Nida's arrest. I just have to wait like everybody else and see how it will play out. I hope everything plays out for the best."
According to Georgia Secretary of State reports, Nida and Thomas do not have any official business partnership. Both Nida and Thomas started it rough, disagreeing and almost fighting at Km Zolciak's baby shower but they two have eventually become friends. They were again involved in another altercation when Nida tried to stop the fight but was later on attacked by Kenya Moore's friend, Brandon.
Thomas was quick to defend Nida's actions saying, "He is really a nice guy."
Nida is accused of a fraudulent scheme that establishes fake companies to mine private information that could be used to open fake bank accounts where stolen checks can be deposited to. He was arrested on Jan. 23 and released the next day on a $25,000 bail, with strict conditions prohibiting him from leaving the Atlanta area without supervision or drinking alcohol. Nida's lawyers have recently asked a judge to delay his trial until March.
Reports say An American Secret Service Agent in the Counterfeit and U.S. Treasury Check Squad named Alexandre Herrera said Nida ripped off people by opening fake bank accounts under their real names. He was accused of acquiring stolen retirement checks for Delta Airline staff, stolen U.S. Treasury checks and unclaimed tax checks. His companies were supposedly set up to access LexisNexis, Equifax and other databases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family