'Titanfall’s' Take on Possible eSports, Burn Cards Compiled by Players and Cheaters Already Plaguing the Game
By Gel Galang | February 20, 2014 2:20 PM EST
With "Titanfall" as one of the most awaited multiplayer games for the Xbox One, it seems that Respawn Entertainment is also playing with the notion of having an eSports competitive gaming tournaments held once the launch is done.
This comes from the Q&A portion over at Major Nelson's blog wherein competitive tournaments were inquired by a fan. According to Respawn, competitive tournaments are not really the focus of the developers, as "Titanfall" is still yet to be introduced and attract gamers into the community.
*Irrational Games will no longer be a studio, as Ken Levine shuts it down to retain only handpicked talent as he focuses on digital games this time: Read the full story here.
However, that does not stop the game from generating interest in terms of its future in competitive gaming. "While that couldn't be a priority for us here, we're definitely listening to all of the feedback. We're interested in what competitive players think when the game ships, and it's definitely something we'll look into."
For now, and more than the launch of the game, Respawn has also confirmed that many updates will come even after the launch passes.
"We have a variety of classic modes, three which we've shown so far, there's some that we haven't talked about yet. That's if you wanna hop in with your buddies, get into a quick match, skip the story elements of the game," Respawn stated.
Cheaters Already in Before the Game's Out?
Even before "Titanfall" is launched for the public, already there are cheaters hard at work in the beta stage.
*"Twitch Plays Pokemon" is the next in-thing now, as thousands of players try to control one Pokemon hero: Check out the progress here.
Game Reactor was able to document the cheating episode, which is particularly seen in the video over at the link. In the video, it seems that a player in beta is using a speed hack, both playing in-person and as a "Titan." The author has stated that the cheater went up to 10 times the normal speed of what should be seen for "Titans."
This comes in lieu of what Respawn Entertainment has previously mentioned about anti-cheats system. Game Informer reported before that the developer has been working on anti-cheats, as well as a new build, during the beta phase.
It was also stated that the anti-cheats system will be tested during beta, so whether or not this is already being implemented has yet to be announced.
50 Burn Cards Compiled Before the Game is Released
With the beta almost coming to a close and the release date getting near, players have also stared to gather more material on "Titanfall," perhaps to get ready once the final game is out.
*"Borderlands 3" is definitely coming---but it might take a while to get here: Read more here.
VG 24/7 spotted a gallery compilation of the 50 Burn Cards available for "Titanfall," which are collected after the matches. These cards also offer players the chance to a life. The list of Burn Cards include Bottomless Frags, Amped RE-45, Amped Archer, Prosthetic Legs, Aural Implant, WiFi Virus, Double Agent, Massive Payload, Super Charger, Rematch, Outsource and Most Wanted List.
There are also three supposedly rare Burn Cards, namely Atlas Refurb, Spare Stryder and Reserve Ogre.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch