Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Touch Base with Agent of On-Loan QPR Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly touched base the agent of on-loan QPR striker Loic Remy, in an attempt to acquire the Frenchman when the 2013/14 season ends.
Arsenal are reported to have held initial talks with the agent of Newcastle loanee Loic Remy
The Gunners failed to bring in a top-quality reinforcement to their attacking third last January, and the current Newcastle loanee seem to fit the bill, scoring 11 goals in 21 appearances, thus far.
Meanwhile, Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who wants to keep Remy permanently, knows that he will have to thread the needle in order to have the 27-year-old ply his trade at St. James' Park in the following seasons.
"We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens," Pardew said in January.
"It is not quite as simple as [meeting his release clause] as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that."
The former Marseille player is projected to be worth around €12million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report