Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Touch Base with Agent of On-Loan QPR Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly touched base the agent of on-loan QPR striker Loic Remy, in an attempt to acquire the Frenchman when the 2013/14 season ends.
Arsenal are reported to have held initial talks with the agent of Newcastle loanee Loic Remy
The Gunners failed to bring in a top-quality reinforcement to their attacking third last January, and the current Newcastle loanee seem to fit the bill, scoring 11 goals in 21 appearances, thus far.
Meanwhile, Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who wants to keep Remy permanently, knows that he will have to thread the needle in order to have the 27-year-old ply his trade at St. James' Park in the following seasons.
"We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens," Pardew said in January.
"It is not quite as simple as [meeting his release clause] as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that."
The former Marseille player is projected to be worth around €12million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine