Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Touch Base with Agent of On-Loan QPR Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly touched base the agent of on-loan QPR striker Loic Remy, in an attempt to acquire the Frenchman when the 2013/14 season ends.
Arsenal are reported to have held initial talks with the agent of Newcastle loanee Loic Remy
The Gunners failed to bring in a top-quality reinforcement to their attacking third last January, and the current Newcastle loanee seem to fit the bill, scoring 11 goals in 21 appearances, thus far.
Meanwhile, Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who wants to keep Remy permanently, knows that he will have to thread the needle in order to have the 27-year-old ply his trade at St. James' Park in the following seasons.
"We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens," Pardew said in January.
"It is not quite as simple as [meeting his release clause] as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that."
The former Marseille player is projected to be worth around €12million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown