Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Touch Base with Agent of On-Loan QPR Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly touched base the agent of on-loan QPR striker Loic Remy, in an attempt to acquire the Frenchman when the 2013/14 season ends.
Arsenal are reported to have held initial talks with the agent of Newcastle loanee Loic Remy
The Gunners failed to bring in a top-quality reinforcement to their attacking third last January, and the current Newcastle loanee seem to fit the bill, scoring 11 goals in 21 appearances, thus far.
Meanwhile, Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who wants to keep Remy permanently, knows that he will have to thread the needle in order to have the 27-year-old ply his trade at St. James' Park in the following seasons.
"We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens," Pardew said in January.
"It is not quite as simple as [meeting his release clause] as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that."
The former Marseille player is projected to be worth around €12million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan