Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Touch Base with Agent of On-Loan QPR Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Arsenal have reportedly touched base the agent of on-loan QPR striker Loic Remy, in an attempt to acquire the Frenchman when the 2013/14 season ends.
Arsenal are reported to have held initial talks with the agent of Newcastle loanee Loic Remy
The Gunners failed to bring in a top-quality reinforcement to their attacking third last January, and the current Newcastle loanee seem to fit the bill, scoring 11 goals in 21 appearances, thus far.
Meanwhile, Magpies boss Alan Pardew, who wants to keep Remy permanently, knows that he will have to thread the needle in order to have the 27-year-old ply his trade at St. James' Park in the following seasons.
"We would like to do it permanently but there is a long way until that happens," Pardew said in January.
"It is not quite as simple as [meeting his release clause] as the player and his agents need to make sure it is right for the player and we have to honour that."
The former Marseille player is projected to be worth around €12million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best