‘Ride Along’ Grosses Over $100 Million, Part 2 on the Way
By Sachin Trivedi | February 20, 2014 1:40 PM EST
With the success of the movie "Ride Along" at the box office Universal Pictures will reportedly start work on the second part of the movie. The new movie will bring back stars Ice Cube and Kevin Hart and will be once again directed by Tim Story.
"Ride Along" made just over $41 million on the opening weekend and has made over $120 million worldwide. The success of the movie has made it only natural for the sequel to come along shortly. The new movie is expected to start production this summer.
Will "Ride Along" 2 be a big hit as the first movie? Or will the producers have to work extra hard this time around? Some analysts contend that one of the reasons for the success of the first movie was that it had very little competition.
The only other comedy movie playing in the theatres which could offer some competition to "Ride Along" was the movie "The Nut Job." This meant that movie buffs had very little choice and pushed the sales of the movie.
"Ride Along" is a movie about a security guard Ben Barber joining a cop in Atlanta, James Payton, to prove himself worthy of the cop's sister. Ben and James go on a 24 hour patrol of Atlanta and meet with a series of events which are hilarious.
The cast of the movie includes Ice Cube as James Payton, Kevin Hart as Ben Barber, John Leguizamo as Santiago, Bruce McGill as Lt. Brooks, Tika Sumpter as Angela Payton, Bryan Callen as Miggs and Laurence Fishburne as Omar.
The movie was mostly shot in the USA. The filming locations include Atlanta, Georgia and Los Angeles, California. The movie was produced by Universal Pictures, Rainforest Films, LBI Entertainment and Cube Vision.
The director Tim Story's current project is the movie "Think Like a Man Too," which will hit the theatres on June 20 2014. The director is mostly known for the "Fantastic Four" films. It is no surprise that he is the choice for the director's chair for the upcoming movie.
Will the producers aim for a January release of "Ride Along" 2? Or will they run the risk and open the film along with other heavy weights in Hollywood? The pressure will also be on the director to make the next movie bigger and more appealing to a global audience.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 - Will Arya Stark Get Her Revenge? Spoilers [Watch New Trailer] [Read]
'Star Wars' Actor Christopher Malcolm Dies at Age 67; Fans Send Love and Prayers [Read]
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Trailer Released; Meet the 5 Heroes in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’