‘Ride Along’ Grosses Over $100 Million, Part 2 on the Way
By Sachin Trivedi | February 20, 2014 1:40 PM EST
With the success of the movie "Ride Along" at the box office Universal Pictures will reportedly start work on the second part of the movie. The new movie will bring back stars Ice Cube and Kevin Hart and will be once again directed by Tim Story.
"Ride Along" made just over $41 million on the opening weekend and has made over $120 million worldwide. The success of the movie has made it only natural for the sequel to come along shortly. The new movie is expected to start production this summer.
Will "Ride Along" 2 be a big hit as the first movie? Or will the producers have to work extra hard this time around? Some analysts contend that one of the reasons for the success of the first movie was that it had very little competition.
The only other comedy movie playing in the theatres which could offer some competition to "Ride Along" was the movie "The Nut Job." This meant that movie buffs had very little choice and pushed the sales of the movie.
"Ride Along" is a movie about a security guard Ben Barber joining a cop in Atlanta, James Payton, to prove himself worthy of the cop's sister. Ben and James go on a 24 hour patrol of Atlanta and meet with a series of events which are hilarious.
The cast of the movie includes Ice Cube as James Payton, Kevin Hart as Ben Barber, John Leguizamo as Santiago, Bruce McGill as Lt. Brooks, Tika Sumpter as Angela Payton, Bryan Callen as Miggs and Laurence Fishburne as Omar.
The movie was mostly shot in the USA. The filming locations include Atlanta, Georgia and Los Angeles, California. The movie was produced by Universal Pictures, Rainforest Films, LBI Entertainment and Cube Vision.
The director Tim Story's current project is the movie "Think Like a Man Too," which will hit the theatres on June 20 2014. The director is mostly known for the "Fantastic Four" films. It is no surprise that he is the choice for the director's chair for the upcoming movie.
Will the producers aim for a January release of "Ride Along" 2? Or will they run the risk and open the film along with other heavy weights in Hollywood? The pressure will also be on the director to make the next movie bigger and more appealing to a global audience.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 - Will Arya Stark Get Her Revenge? Spoilers [Watch New Trailer] [Read]
'Star Wars' Actor Christopher Malcolm Dies at Age 67; Fans Send Love and Prayers [Read]
'Guardians of the Galaxy' Trailer Released; Meet the 5 Heroes in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display