Soundwave 2014: Hardcore Superstar Confirms Cancellation; Megadeth Demands Apology From AJ Maddah
By Anne Lu | February 20, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Hardcore Superstar confirmed that they will not be playing at the Soundwave festival dates, saying they had a disagreement with organisers over their playing schedule. Also, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has offered to reinstate their cancelled performance if festival promoter AJ Maddah issues an apology to them.
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Swedish hard rock band threatened to pull out of Soundwave 2014 after a dispute over schedules. Maddah, the festival’s most outspoken promoter, didn’t take kindly to threats, tweeting:
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
On Wednesday, the rockers took to their Facebook page to confirm that they are out of the Australian music festival’s line-up.
“We are so sorry to inform you that HCSS are no longer attending Soundwave Festival 2014. Only days before our flight, changes were made and placed HCSS in a spot that was too far away from our original agreement,” the message reads.
“We hope to be back under other circumstances as soon as possible.”
Megadeth Demands An Apology
Meanwhile, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine said that the band would play in the touring festival if only Maddah issued an apology to them.
The band axed their performances on the festival’s dates due to “circumstances beyond its control,” but Mustaine is now saying that a simple apology from Maddah would make everything all right.
“All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn’t do,” Mustaine wrote on his Facebook page.
“I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologise and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn’t. Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? The AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don’t know what has happened to my old friend. My bags are packed Aussie fans.”
Also on Wednesday, Newsted, the eponymous group by Mustaine’s ex-Metallica bandmate Jason Newsted, has announced that it “will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014” on Facebook. The unexpected announcement has baffled Maddah, who wrote on Twitter that he was trying to contact the group for explanation.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave 2014 will commence on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. The venues for the festival include the Olympic Park in Sydney (February 23), Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne (February 28), the Bonython Park in Adelaide (March 1), and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth (March 3).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage