Soundwave 2014: Hardcore Superstar Confirms Cancellation; Megadeth Demands Apology From AJ Maddah
By Anne Lu | February 20, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Hardcore Superstar confirmed that they will not be playing at the Soundwave festival dates, saying they had a disagreement with organisers over their playing schedule. Also, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has offered to reinstate their cancelled performance if festival promoter AJ Maddah issues an apology to them.
Earlier this week, it was reported that the Swedish hard rock band threatened to pull out of Soundwave 2014 after a dispute over schedules. Maddah, the festival’s most outspoken promoter, didn’t take kindly to threats, tweeting:
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
On Wednesday, the rockers took to their Facebook page to confirm that they are out of the Australian music festival’s line-up.
“We are so sorry to inform you that HCSS are no longer attending Soundwave Festival 2014. Only days before our flight, changes were made and placed HCSS in a spot that was too far away from our original agreement,” the message reads.
“We hope to be back under other circumstances as soon as possible.”
Megadeth Demands An Apology
Meanwhile, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine said that the band would play in the touring festival if only Maddah issued an apology to them.
The band axed their performances on the festival’s dates due to “circumstances beyond its control,” but Mustaine is now saying that a simple apology from Maddah would make everything all right.
“All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn’t do,” Mustaine wrote on his Facebook page.
“I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologise and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn’t. Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? The AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don’t know what has happened to my old friend. My bags are packed Aussie fans.”
Also on Wednesday, Newsted, the eponymous group by Mustaine’s ex-Metallica bandmate Jason Newsted, has announced that it “will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014” on Facebook. The unexpected announcement has baffled Maddah, who wrote on Twitter that he was trying to contact the group for explanation.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave 2014 will commence on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. The venues for the festival include the Olympic Park in Sydney (February 23), Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne (February 28), the Bonython Park in Adelaide (March 1), and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth (March 3).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet