'Pokemon X and Y' News: Pokemon Bank Free Trial to End and 'Twitch Plays Pokemon' Progress So Far [VIDEOS]
By Gel Galang | February 20, 2014 1:32 PM EST
The Pokemon Bank free trial for those who have just enjoyed the service will be ending come Feb 21, so it's time to either make the most out of the service or decide if it's worth keeping it while playing "Pokemon X and Y."
Serebii reports that the 30-day free trial for the Pokemon Bank has allowed gamers the storage and transfer abilities from the "Pokemon Black," "White," "Black 2" and "White 2" games.
Of course, the free trial expiration for the Pokemon Bank applies to those who have enjoyed the service during its first release for Japanese Nintendo 3DS devices. Once Feb 21 ends, those with Japanese Nintendo 3DS will only have a short time to renew their subscription.
*"Far Cry 4" confirmations may be closer now as Ubisoft starts with its teasers again: Read here for more.
Otherwise, gamers need to withdraw all their Pokemons stored, lest they be deleted from the Pokemon Bank.
Those who are in the U.S. and European territories still have until March 14 to enjoy the free trial.
'Twitch Plays Pokemon': Update on What's Happening
So far, "Twitch Plays Pokemon" has reached a week of playing for what appears to be thousands of Twitch players and spectators. And along the way, a lot of things have already happened despite what may seem a big potential for a lack of progress with the sheer number of participants.
"Twitch Plays Pokemon" already has a Google updates list, where the goal changes as the game progresses. As of this writing, the current goal is to reach the top of the Pokemon tower.
*The cancelled "Minecraft" movie on Kickstarter may be going back again, as the creator reveals talking with Mojang for the details: Read the story here.
So far, four badges have been collected, with 78 Pokemon seen and 14 owned. But the biggest excitement, according to fans who are watching "Twitch Plays Pokemon," would be accessing the PC, as there are so many unpredictable things that could happen.
In one video recorded by YouTube user GoldenRoy, dubbed as The Great Massacre of 6d 22h, CCC and x were both released. CCC appears to be a Hitmonlee and x was an X-Wing, and this happened within 5 seconds of each other.
"I don't care what anyone thinks, getting to the PC is always the most exciting part. There's so much that could go wrong," said Aqeelk over at "Twitch Plays Pokemon" Reddit.
"I think everyone s*** themselves whenever the PC was accessed. The danger became present so once we got the Helix Fossil everyone said that was good enough. A moral victory till we summon up the courage to approach the PC again, it'll probably take another day," said Sloppyfox.
*A new game alert for the PS4 and Xbox One: Kickstarter-funded "Kingdom Come: Deliverance" is already approved for the next-gen consoles. Check out the details here.
The Helix fossil is another item that has been making huge waves in forums. Kotaku reports that it used to be stored in the PC by the players, so they couldn't access it as in the inventory. But in a later update, it seems that the Helix fossil is now out of the PC.
Aside from accessing the PC, another thing that went wrong during "Twitch Plays Pokemon" is the fact that everyone was able to evolve Eevee, but instead of a Vapereon, they ended up with a Flareon, the latter of which would have been useful later in the game.
It seems that it boiled to choosing the right thing, which ended up in tragedy instead, as it led to two other Pokemons, Abby (a Charmeleon) and Jay Leno (a Rattata), being released a mere seconds after the other.
Check out the live updates in the Google Forms for "Twitch Plays Pokemon" or become a spectator yourself in the "Twitch Plays Pokemon" live stream.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date