New Samsung Galaxy S5 Screenshot Shows Two Versions; More Info On Lower Price And Fingerprint Sensor
By Gel Galang | February 20, 2014 12:22 PM EST
An earlier screenshot has confirmed Samsung Galaxy S5 has QHD screen resolution with 1440 x 2560 pixels. Its release date has been revealed by end of February, although this may just point to the Unpacked event that Samsung will hold on Feb. 24. Another screenshot was also found pointing to the Exynos 5420 and 1080p display.
With this, it now comes into conflict with what was released before that Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released with a QHD display and Snapdragon 800. One possibility for this, according to Phone Arena, is that Samsung Galaxy S5 may also have two versions.
*The next Far Cry game has been teased by Ubisoft - what do you make of this new clue?
As seen in the image in the link above, the details of the new screenshot include Exynos 5420 1.8GHz carrying the Android 4.4.2 OS. It will have a 5.25-inch display with 1920 x 1090 resolution. The camera is also touted to be 2.1 megapixel in the front and 16-megapixel at the back with LED flash. For the memory, there is 3 GB RAM with a choice of 32 GB capacity.
The two versions could come out, although it may not have too much of a big difference for the resolutions.
*The Order: 1886 trailer is finally out after the embargo, and it's all cinematic glory for this round as well: Read here for more.
Dust-proof And Water-proof Still Possible Features?
Speculation on the rugged features of Samsung Galaxy S5 has been reported by Digital Trends after tracing it back to ZDNet Korea, which has gotten in touch with Korean sources.
Samsung Galaxy S5 will apparently mimic some of the features seen in Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and will put the upcoming flagship alongside the ranks of the Sony Xperia line.
Reduced Price To Make It More Attractive?
Being a flagship phone, it's natural for Samsung Galaxy S5 to maintain premium pricing, but NDTV reported the Korean company might put it at a more attractive price when compared to the launch price of its predecessors.
*Is this limited edition MGSV: Ground Zeroes PS4 console worth buying? Check it out here.
Apparently, this comes from the request of wireless carriers, although a range of the possible new pricing for Samsung Galaxy S5 release date has not yet been announced.
Gotta Be Mobile has a similar report, wherein the Samsung Galaxy S5 may be lower this time around. It may be the result of how Samsung Galaxy S4's sales fell short of the estimations and this may be Samsung's way of countering Apple's potential device, the rumored iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family