New Samsung Galaxy S5 Screenshot Shows Two Versions; More Info On Lower Price And Fingerprint Sensor
By Gel Galang | February 20, 2014 12:22 PM EST
An earlier screenshot has confirmed Samsung Galaxy S5 has QHD screen resolution with 1440 x 2560 pixels. Its release date has been revealed by end of February, although this may just point to the Unpacked event that Samsung will hold on Feb. 24. Another screenshot was also found pointing to the Exynos 5420 and 1080p display.
With this, it now comes into conflict with what was released before that Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released with a QHD display and Snapdragon 800. One possibility for this, according to Phone Arena, is that Samsung Galaxy S5 may also have two versions.
*The next Far Cry game has been teased by Ubisoft - what do you make of this new clue?
As seen in the image in the link above, the details of the new screenshot include Exynos 5420 1.8GHz carrying the Android 4.4.2 OS. It will have a 5.25-inch display with 1920 x 1090 resolution. The camera is also touted to be 2.1 megapixel in the front and 16-megapixel at the back with LED flash. For the memory, there is 3 GB RAM with a choice of 32 GB capacity.
The two versions could come out, although it may not have too much of a big difference for the resolutions.
*The Order: 1886 trailer is finally out after the embargo, and it's all cinematic glory for this round as well: Read here for more.
Dust-proof And Water-proof Still Possible Features?
Speculation on the rugged features of Samsung Galaxy S5 has been reported by Digital Trends after tracing it back to ZDNet Korea, which has gotten in touch with Korean sources.
Samsung Galaxy S5 will apparently mimic some of the features seen in Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and will put the upcoming flagship alongside the ranks of the Sony Xperia line.
Reduced Price To Make It More Attractive?
Being a flagship phone, it's natural for Samsung Galaxy S5 to maintain premium pricing, but NDTV reported the Korean company might put it at a more attractive price when compared to the launch price of its predecessors.
*Is this limited edition MGSV: Ground Zeroes PS4 console worth buying? Check it out here.
Apparently, this comes from the request of wireless carriers, although a range of the possible new pricing for Samsung Galaxy S5 release date has not yet been announced.
Gotta Be Mobile has a similar report, wherein the Samsung Galaxy S5 may be lower this time around. It may be the result of how Samsung Galaxy S4's sales fell short of the estimations and this may be Samsung's way of countering Apple's potential device, the rumored iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones