HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date on March 25 to Unveil ‘All New HTC One’
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 20, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Last year, Taiwanese smartphone maker heaped lot of praise for its flagship phone HTC One, now the company is all set to launch the successor next month (March) with several upgrades in terms of size and internal hardware.
The Taiwanese manufacturer sent out the invitations to the members of the press for the imminent launch of HTC's new flagship phone. It was initially speculated that the successor of HTC One will be launched at the Mobile World Congress event later this month.
However, it is rumoured that the release of HTC's smartphone was delayed to avoid the clash with other handsets and devices that will be introduced at the said event. Moreover, a separate launch event for HTC One 2 will largely benefit the handset to get the limelight it needed.
HTC One 2, codenamed as HTC M8, is now officially known as "All New HTC One," according to reliable tipster @evleaks who also leaked the smartphone. The alleged photo of HTC smartphone showed off a great resemblance to Apple's iPhone. @evleaks gained credibility through its leaks in the past that proved to be true. Thus, this recent HTC leak was good as confirmed for consumers.
The latest leaked photo is gold-coloured handset packed with twin-sensor camera along with a dual LED flash. "All New HTC One" also packed dual front facing speakers and the long rumoured on-screen buttons. The Twitter user said that the second generation of HTC One will be available in three colour variants - grey, white and gold.
HTC One 2 is rumoured to feature the same, old aluminum casing. However, it will pack a slightly bigger display of up to 5 inches with Full HD 1080p screen resolution. The handset will be equipped with Snapdragon 800 chipset paired with 2GB of RAM.
An interesting rumour said that the handset will include a second camera placed at the back. The said feature is not for 3D photos but HTC will be the first smartphone to pack two rear shooters. Moreover, it will highly improve the focus and overall image quality. Lastly, the device will pack the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports