HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date on March 25 to Unveil ‘All New HTC One’
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 20, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Last year, Taiwanese smartphone maker heaped lot of praise for its flagship phone HTC One, now the company is all set to launch the successor next month (March) with several upgrades in terms of size and internal hardware.
The Taiwanese manufacturer sent out the invitations to the members of the press for the imminent launch of HTC's new flagship phone. It was initially speculated that the successor of HTC One will be launched at the Mobile World Congress event later this month.
However, it is rumoured that the release of HTC's smartphone was delayed to avoid the clash with other handsets and devices that will be introduced at the said event. Moreover, a separate launch event for HTC One 2 will largely benefit the handset to get the limelight it needed.
HTC One 2, codenamed as HTC M8, is now officially known as "All New HTC One," according to reliable tipster @evleaks who also leaked the smartphone. The alleged photo of HTC smartphone showed off a great resemblance to Apple's iPhone. @evleaks gained credibility through its leaks in the past that proved to be true. Thus, this recent HTC leak was good as confirmed for consumers.
The latest leaked photo is gold-coloured handset packed with twin-sensor camera along with a dual LED flash. "All New HTC One" also packed dual front facing speakers and the long rumoured on-screen buttons. The Twitter user said that the second generation of HTC One will be available in three colour variants - grey, white and gold.
HTC One 2 is rumoured to feature the same, old aluminum casing. However, it will pack a slightly bigger display of up to 5 inches with Full HD 1080p screen resolution. The handset will be equipped with Snapdragon 800 chipset paired with 2GB of RAM.
An interesting rumour said that the handset will include a second camera placed at the back. The said feature is not for 3D photos but HTC will be the first smartphone to pack two rear shooters. Moreover, it will highly improve the focus and overall image quality. Lastly, the device will pack the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015