Sochi 2014: Medal Tally as of Feb 20
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 20, 2014 11:13 AM EST
With only three days to go, let's have a look at the current medal tally in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and find out which participating nations reign the big sporting event.
Here's the top 20 countries in the list of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics medal tally as of Feb. 20
Norway leads the medal tally with nine gold, four silver, and 7 bronze medals. Norway is the most successful country in the history of Winter Olympics. Along with Austria and Liechstenstein, Norway has won more medals at the Winter Olympics than at the Summer Olympics. Just for cross-country skiing and speed skating events, Norway has won 303 medals, 107 of which were gold, more than any other countries.
The German athletes are just one gold medal behind Norway. Up to date, Germany has won 190 medals in all Winter Olympic Games, 70 of which were all gold.
In terms of medal count, the U.S. takes the lead with a total of 23 medals. They have won the most number of medals in the freestyle skiing event with a total of six medals.
The host nation, Russia, is just behind the U.S. with 22 medals altogether. Russia made its debut at the Winter Olympics in1994 where they bettered and outdone other nations, topping the medal tally with 23 medals, 11 gold, eight silver and four bronze medals.
All athletes who compete at the Olympics give their best to bring home victory and pride to their respective countries. They are truly sport heroes. Their remarkable sporting talents and determination are just amazing. There are still three more days to go in the Winter Olympics, and we'll sound find out which nation will be victorious in the end.
For the complete list of the current medal tally, visit the official Web site of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand