Sochi 2014: Medal Tally as of Feb 20
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 20, 2014 11:13 AM EST
With only three days to go, let's have a look at the current medal tally in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and find out which participating nations reign the big sporting event.
Here's the top 20 countries in the list of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics medal tally as of Feb. 20
Norway leads the medal tally with nine gold, four silver, and 7 bronze medals. Norway is the most successful country in the history of Winter Olympics. Along with Austria and Liechstenstein, Norway has won more medals at the Winter Olympics than at the Summer Olympics. Just for cross-country skiing and speed skating events, Norway has won 303 medals, 107 of which were gold, more than any other countries.
The German athletes are just one gold medal behind Norway. Up to date, Germany has won 190 medals in all Winter Olympic Games, 70 of which were all gold.
In terms of medal count, the U.S. takes the lead with a total of 23 medals. They have won the most number of medals in the freestyle skiing event with a total of six medals.
The host nation, Russia, is just behind the U.S. with 22 medals altogether. Russia made its debut at the Winter Olympics in1994 where they bettered and outdone other nations, topping the medal tally with 23 medals, 11 gold, eight silver and four bronze medals.
All athletes who compete at the Olympics give their best to bring home victory and pride to their respective countries. They are truly sport heroes. Their remarkable sporting talents and determination are just amazing. There are still three more days to go in the Winter Olympics, and we'll sound find out which nation will be victorious in the end.
For the complete list of the current medal tally, visit the official Web site of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’