Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Set to Snatch Arsenal Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Liverpool are set to snatch Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the summer, claims an Italian reporter.
Sky Sport Italy correspondent Gianluca Di Marzio tweeted that while the Gunners want to hold on to their valued asset, the Merseyside club are also finding ways to lure the French international away from the Emirates.
Liverpool are reported to have made a tempting offer for Arsenal's Bacary Sagna
The 31-year-old's contract is good only until this season lasts and has reportedly informed his colleagues that he will no longer extend his stay.
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) February 18, 2014
Sagna has been with the north London outfit since 2007 and has since become a mainstay for the Gunners, while receiving a total of 38 caps from France, to date.
Meanwhile, Serie A side Inter Milan are suggested to be frontrunners in securing his services, should a deal in any of the teams in the Premier League not materialise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’