Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Set to Snatch Arsenal Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 20, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Liverpool are set to snatch Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna in the summer, claims an Italian reporter.
Sky Sport Italy correspondent Gianluca Di Marzio tweeted that while the Gunners want to hold on to their valued asset, the Merseyside club are also finding ways to lure the French international away from the Emirates.
Liverpool are reported to have made a tempting offer for Arsenal's Bacary Sagna
The 31-year-old's contract is good only until this season lasts and has reportedly informed his colleagues that he will no longer extend his stay.
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@dimarzio) February 18, 2014
Sagna has been with the north London outfit since 2007 and has since become a mainstay for the Gunners, while receiving a total of 38 caps from France, to date.
Meanwhile, Serie A side Inter Milan are suggested to be frontrunners in securing his services, should a deal in any of the teams in the Premier League not materialise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them