Boxing News 2014: Bradley Trainer Says Pacquiao Would Not Easily Beat His Ward in April Rematch (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 20, 2014 10:17 AM EST
The April rematch between eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao and undefeated American boxer Timothy Bradley Jr would be a difficult match in terms of determining the victor.
Joel Diaz, trainer of Bradley, admitted on Wednesday that it would not be easy for his ward to win another decision against Pacquiao given the controversy generated by their first fight in June 2012 which many observers believed was won by the Filipino southpaw.
Reuters Manny Pacquiao is 54-5-2 in his boxing career.
Manny Pacquiao is 54-5-2 in his boxing career.
Boxing News 2014: Roach Pushing Pacquiao to KO Bradley, But Manny Loses to Miss USA Erin Brady in Pillow Fight (VIDEOS)
"We don't want to leave it up to the judges ... We want the fans to see a real winner," ABS-CBN quoted Diaz. Admitting that a knockout is the best proof of who is the better boxer, the trainers said that if the scorecards are close toward the end of the 2nd match, chances are the judges' decision would favour the Filipino legislator.
He believes the judges would be partial to Pacquiao because ultimately boxing is a business and "there's more money to be made with Manny Pacquiao."
But Diaz also believes that Manny would not find it easy to beat Bradley in their second match, based on what happened in the first fight wherein despite Bradley's early injury on both feet, Pacquiao failed to KO his opponent.
"For Manny to beat Bradley, he really needs to knock him out. Because if he couldn't hurt him when he (Bradley) had his feet hurt in the first one, I don't think he'll hurt him now," Diaz said.
However, Pacquiao insisted that his newfound religious belief made him more compassionate in past bouts against his opponents that's why he didn't push for a knockout. But this time, Manny vowed that viewers would see the return of the old ruthless Pacquiao when he meets Bradley for the second time on April 12 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date