No Peeping Toms Allowed in Sunday's Sydney Skinny Nude Ocean Swim for Environment (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 20, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Seventy-six-year-old naked hermit Nagasaki looks at the sea from beach on Sotobanari island, Okinawa prefecture, Japan
The capital city of New South Wales will hold on Sunday its second Sydney Skinny, a nude ocean swim, at Cobblers Beach. However, to ensure that the noble intention of the organisers to gather more support for conservation rather than be an eye candy feast for the curious and those with carnal intentions, it would be a private ticket-only event.
This is to ensure that spectators as well as Peeping Toms would not be allowed in the premise as swimmers remove their clothes on the shore and run from the beach into the water in their birthday suit.
There are two types of swim - untimed 300- or 900-metre swim in flat water. Flippers and flotation devices are permitted.
Upon coming out of the water, a sarong will be given to the swim participants to ensure their private body parts are covered.
Nigel Marsh, co-founder of Earth Hour, established Sydney Skinny in 2013. Besides its aim to spread the gospel of conservation, it also targets to inculcate self-acceptance, that not only people with lifeguard body proportions could skinny dip.
Mr Marsh disclosed that in the 2013 event, among the participants were an 89-year-old foreigner, four paraplegics, a double amputee, fat and thin people as well as young and old folks.
The beneficiary of Sydney Skinny 2014 is the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife which would get all proceeds from the swim. Representatives of the foundation will be around to help raise awareness to their cause.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Luckiest Koala: Hit by a Car and Hung On To It From Maryborough to Gympie
- UK Converts Coal Plants Into Solar Cell Farms
- New Technology to Build Invisible Material Using Light: Study Says
- Health Experts Plead Action to Prevent Skin Cancer Epidemic in New Zealand
- A Wild Ride, Orbital Sex Mission: Satellite Carrying Russian Geckos Regains Control After Losing Contact
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga