No Peeping Toms Allowed in Sunday's Sydney Skinny Nude Ocean Swim for Environment (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 20, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Seventy-six-year-old naked hermit Nagasaki looks at the sea from beach on Sotobanari island, Okinawa prefecture, Japan
The capital city of New South Wales will hold on Sunday its second Sydney Skinny, a nude ocean swim, at Cobblers Beach. However, to ensure that the noble intention of the organisers to gather more support for conservation rather than be an eye candy feast for the curious and those with carnal intentions, it would be a private ticket-only event.
This is to ensure that spectators as well as Peeping Toms would not be allowed in the premise as swimmers remove their clothes on the shore and run from the beach into the water in their birthday suit.
There are two types of swim - untimed 300- or 900-metre swim in flat water. Flippers and flotation devices are permitted.
Upon coming out of the water, a sarong will be given to the swim participants to ensure their private body parts are covered.
Nigel Marsh, co-founder of Earth Hour, established Sydney Skinny in 2013. Besides its aim to spread the gospel of conservation, it also targets to inculcate self-acceptance, that not only people with lifeguard body proportions could skinny dip.
Mr Marsh disclosed that in the 2013 event, among the participants were an 89-year-old foreigner, four paraplegics, a double amputee, fat and thin people as well as young and old folks.
The beneficiary of Sydney Skinny 2014 is the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife which would get all proceeds from the swim. Representatives of the foundation will be around to help raise awareness to their cause.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting in Australia: A Mysterious 'Flying' Object With Changing Colors Observed[Watch Video]
- Volcano Eruption In Iceland: Lava Erupts More Than 50 Meters High, Prompts Aviation Alert [Video]
- Walking Fish Reveal How Our Ancestors Evolved Onto Land (Watch Video)
- Bad Memories Can be Changed into Good Ones, Say Scientists
- Stargazing: Saturn, Moon and Mars Meet Up Last August 31
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans