No Peeping Toms Allowed in Sunday's Sydney Skinny Nude Ocean Swim for Environment (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 20, 2014 9:56 AM EST
Seventy-six-year-old naked hermit Nagasaki looks at the sea from beach on Sotobanari island, Okinawa prefecture, Japan
The capital city of New South Wales will hold on Sunday its second Sydney Skinny, a nude ocean swim, at Cobblers Beach. However, to ensure that the noble intention of the organisers to gather more support for conservation rather than be an eye candy feast for the curious and those with carnal intentions, it would be a private ticket-only event.
This is to ensure that spectators as well as Peeping Toms would not be allowed in the premise as swimmers remove their clothes on the shore and run from the beach into the water in their birthday suit.
There are two types of swim - untimed 300- or 900-metre swim in flat water. Flippers and flotation devices are permitted.
Upon coming out of the water, a sarong will be given to the swim participants to ensure their private body parts are covered.
Nigel Marsh, co-founder of Earth Hour, established Sydney Skinny in 2013. Besides its aim to spread the gospel of conservation, it also targets to inculcate self-acceptance, that not only people with lifeguard body proportions could skinny dip.
Mr Marsh disclosed that in the 2013 event, among the participants were an 89-year-old foreigner, four paraplegics, a double amputee, fat and thin people as well as young and old folks.
The beneficiary of Sydney Skinny 2014 is the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife which would get all proceeds from the swim. Representatives of the foundation will be around to help raise awareness to their cause.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS