10 Major Android 4.3 Bugs on Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 That Should be Fixed by Android 4.4.2 KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | February 20, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Samsung Mobile already announced the live update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that will soon roll out for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. However, does the new software update fix every known major bug found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the UK and the U.S.
Several owners have reported various bugs found on the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in the UK and the U.S. from different network carriers. It all started during the initial version of Android 4.3 firmware which included bugs such as huge battery drain, occasional device freezing or hang, problematic Wi-Fi connectivity like connection drops, faulty camera app and not-so-good RAM management compared to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Before Samsung released the Android 4.3, reports have pointed out that software development of Android 4.2.2 and 4.3 suffered some issues regarding compatibility with Galaxy S3 and Note 2, but even Galaxy S4 which features newer hardware parts also suffered unexpectedly similar issues.
New Version of Android 4.3
After complaints have been filed to Samsung, a new version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was released and completed around December 2013 in the U.S. via network carriers, except AT&T which just finished the roll-out by January 2014.
Unfortunately, the update itself is problematic to begin with, as users are having trouble completing the process using Firmware Over-the-Air procedure. Based on reports, the update usually stops at 25 per cent, won't resume, and restarts back to zero if resumed manually.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Bug Fix Patches
Samsung's release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is expecte4d to bring ultimate bug fixing patches to the ones found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. It is also expected that the update will not bring new bugs.
The following are 10 notable bugs found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS running Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2:
1. Huge battery drain with no specific cause
2. Unresponsive or freezing touch response on the screen
3. Some apps are not functioning properly
4. Bluetooth connectivity issues
5. LTE still connecting with an active Wi-Fi connection
6. Device hangs and locks up with battery removal to restart
7. Notification bar fails to open Facebook updates
8. Faulty electronic voice on Google Maps navigation feature
9. Chrome browser may go dark and fail to refresh
10. Inconsistent recharging.
Most of these bugs on Android 4.3 are solved by reverting the device back to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Owners of Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 are hoping that Android 4.4.2 will not bring along with it similar major bugs or they will have to stick with Android 4.1 just to use their devices normally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions