10 Major Android 4.3 Bugs on Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 That Should be Fixed by Android 4.4.2 KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | February 20, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Samsung Mobile already announced the live update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that will soon roll out for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. However, does the new software update fix every known major bug found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the UK and the U.S.
Several owners have reported various bugs found on the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in the UK and the U.S. from different network carriers. It all started during the initial version of Android 4.3 firmware which included bugs such as huge battery drain, occasional device freezing or hang, problematic Wi-Fi connectivity like connection drops, faulty camera app and not-so-good RAM management compared to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Before Samsung released the Android 4.3, reports have pointed out that software development of Android 4.2.2 and 4.3 suffered some issues regarding compatibility with Galaxy S3 and Note 2, but even Galaxy S4 which features newer hardware parts also suffered unexpectedly similar issues.
New Version of Android 4.3
After complaints have been filed to Samsung, a new version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was released and completed around December 2013 in the U.S. via network carriers, except AT&T which just finished the roll-out by January 2014.
Unfortunately, the update itself is problematic to begin with, as users are having trouble completing the process using Firmware Over-the-Air procedure. Based on reports, the update usually stops at 25 per cent, won't resume, and restarts back to zero if resumed manually.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Bug Fix Patches
Samsung's release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is expecte4d to bring ultimate bug fixing patches to the ones found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. It is also expected that the update will not bring new bugs.
The following are 10 notable bugs found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS running Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2:
1. Huge battery drain with no specific cause
2. Unresponsive or freezing touch response on the screen
3. Some apps are not functioning properly
4. Bluetooth connectivity issues
5. LTE still connecting with an active Wi-Fi connection
6. Device hangs and locks up with battery removal to restart
7. Notification bar fails to open Facebook updates
8. Faulty electronic voice on Google Maps navigation feature
9. Chrome browser may go dark and fail to refresh
10. Inconsistent recharging.
Most of these bugs on Android 4.3 are solved by reverting the device back to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Owners of Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 are hoping that Android 4.4.2 will not bring along with it similar major bugs or they will have to stick with Android 4.1 just to use their devices normally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet