10 Major Android 4.3 Bugs on Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 That Should be Fixed by Android 4.4.2 KitKat
By Ryan Inoyori | February 20, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Samsung Mobile already announced the live update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat that will soon roll out for Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. However, does the new software update fix every known major bug found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in the UK and the U.S.
Several owners have reported various bugs found on the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in the UK and the U.S. from different network carriers. It all started during the initial version of Android 4.3 firmware which included bugs such as huge battery drain, occasional device freezing or hang, problematic Wi-Fi connectivity like connection drops, faulty camera app and not-so-good RAM management compared to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Before Samsung released the Android 4.3, reports have pointed out that software development of Android 4.2.2 and 4.3 suffered some issues regarding compatibility with Galaxy S3 and Note 2, but even Galaxy S4 which features newer hardware parts also suffered unexpectedly similar issues.
New Version of Android 4.3
After complaints have been filed to Samsung, a new version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean was released and completed around December 2013 in the U.S. via network carriers, except AT&T which just finished the roll-out by January 2014.
Unfortunately, the update itself is problematic to begin with, as users are having trouble completing the process using Firmware Over-the-Air procedure. Based on reports, the update usually stops at 25 per cent, won't resume, and restarts back to zero if resumed manually.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Bug Fix Patches
Samsung's release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware is expecte4d to bring ultimate bug fixing patches to the ones found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. It is also expected that the update will not bring new bugs.
The following are 10 notable bugs found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS running Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2:
1. Huge battery drain with no specific cause
2. Unresponsive or freezing touch response on the screen
3. Some apps are not functioning properly
4. Bluetooth connectivity issues
5. LTE still connecting with an active Wi-Fi connection
6. Device hangs and locks up with battery removal to restart
7. Notification bar fails to open Facebook updates
8. Faulty electronic voice on Google Maps navigation feature
9. Chrome browser may go dark and fail to refresh
10. Inconsistent recharging.
Most of these bugs on Android 4.3 are solved by reverting the device back to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Owners of Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 are hoping that Android 4.4.2 will not bring along with it similar major bugs or they will have to stick with Android 4.1 just to use their devices normally.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display