Battlefield 4: New Xbox 360 Patch Released, How to Unlock MTAR-21? Handgun Shortcut Kit Detailed
By Aditya Bhat | February 20, 2014 1:54 AM EST
DICE, developer of the problematic FPS video game Battlefield 4, has released a new patch for the game's Xbox 360 version. The patch brings in several fixes to issues which were affecting the Xbox 360 version of Battlefield 4.
Battlefield 4 gets new Xbox 360 patch.
The patch will fix issues like crashes, invisible walls, loading screen freezes and many more. DICE has also stated that they are also working on a new patch for the PC version of the game. (See Also: Battlefield 4 PC Patch)
"We are working on a fix for an issue on PC that causes the game to freeze, resulting in a sound loop," said DICE on Battlelog. "We will share more information once available."
Meanwhile, here is the Complete Patch Notes for the new Battlefield 4 patch, released for Xbox 360:
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Fix for an issue that would appear if a 10 users party would join a game with 8 available slots, leaving 2 of the players stuck on the loading screen
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren't properly matching the actual number of impacts, causing the players to feel that they died too quickly.
- Fix for an issue where the "Draw" message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn't scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for an issue where the player camera would be positioned inside of the soldier when parachute spawning
- Fix for a MAV exploit that let players reach various out-of-map locations
How to Unlock MTAR-21?
MTAR-21 is not a new weapon in the Battlefield franchise. This is a fan favorite gun that was brought back into Battlefield 4 (via China Rising DLC) from Battlefield 3.
Players have always loved this gun due to its high rate of firing. For players to unlock the MTAR-21, the following steps have to be followed.
- Gain access to China Rising DLC.
- Reach rank 10.
- Multi Talent assignment will then be unlocked.
- Now, once assignment is open, players have to:
- Make a kill with sniper rifle.
- Make a kill with assault rifle.
- Make a kill with LMG.
- Make a kill with hand grenade
- All the kills must be made and completed in the same round.
- The kills might not necessarily have to be on the China Rising map.
Handgun Shortcut Kit details
DICE is offering free battlepacks (everyday), XP boosts and soldier portraits as a part of its Player Appreciation month for Battlefield 4. Apart from these, players will also be getting weapon packs which will unlock all available guns - the Handgun Shortcut Kit. This is to make up for the two-month long issues after the game's launch.
Players have to note that the Handgun Shortcut Kit is freely available on Origin for a limited period from 18 Feb to 24 Feb. Once the promotion is over, the Kit will cost $4.99. This pack will also be available on Xbox Live and very soon on PlayStation Network.
The Handgun Shortcut Kit will be unlocking the following handguns:
- SHORTY 12G
- .44 MAGNUM
- Compact 45
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports