'Tech Geek' Fawn Qiu's In Real Life Version of Flappy Bird Says Hello
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 20, 2014 12:52 AM EST
Whoever said goodbye to the virtual Flappy Bird hadn't expected it to come out in real life. Take note, in a box. Fawn Qiu, a product development manager for a children's media company and the founder of MakeAnything, is the person who seemed determined to change the game with In Real Life version of Flappy Bird.
On Feb. 18, Fawn Qiu shared an Instagram video of her newest project-IRL Flappy Bird.
It's not vague for those playing Flappy Bird that the application was a hard game to play. Some can barely even score two points. But according to Ms Qiu, as told on Business Insider, she was hoping that the IRL version would be easier.
The Flappy Bird app was pulled out in app stores on Feb. 9 by Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen, leaving disappointed gamers scrambling to make worthy causes that will bring back Flappy Bird.
Hopes are still up for Flappy Bird. App stores has come up with several free games trying to imitate the real Flappy Bird, coming up with Clumsy Bird, Floppy Bird, Fly-Birds-Floppy Birdie Flying, and more.
So this time, Fawn Qiu takes it in her self to create something that would not just imitate Flappy Bird, but seemed to also pay tribute to the app in real life.
Using Arduino, an open-source electronics prototyping platform that is based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software, Qiu created an IRL version of Flappy Bird.
Arduino seemed to be a good material for Ms Qiu's project. It can sense the environment by receiving input from variety of sensors. With two motors and some magnetic sensors, Qiu was set to play the game.
Those who weren't able to download Flappy Bird before it was given its sudden death in app stores would surely benefit from Fawn Qiu's IRL project. Interesting project she got there.
Interested Flappy Bird players can now keep on flying. In real life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date