Mitsubishi to Launch Pajero Sport Automatic Variant in India Soon; Five New Vehicles Lined up
By greeshma m | February 20, 2014 12:28 AM EST
Japan's Mitsubishi Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its off-roader Pajero in India, called Pajero Sport.
The new variant of Mitsubishi's popular SUV will come with automatic transmission and will be available in India through the company's country partner Hindustan Motors. The vehicle will be manufactured at Hindustan's state-of-the-art plant at Tiruvallur near Chennai. But the company did not reveal the availability details of the SUV in the domestic market.
However, rumours are rife that the new automatic Pajero Sport will hit the Indian roads by mid-2014. The current India-specific Pajero model comes with 2.5 litre, four pot, diesel engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Announcing the new variant for India, Uttam Bose, Managing Director of Hindustan Motors said: "Mitsubishi brands, especially Pajero, evoke a sentimental response from Indian citizens. Pajero Sport's unmatched ability to offer a rare blend of comfort and adventure has won the heart of customers. The customer's needs occupy paramount position in Hindustan Motor's customer-centric business ethos. HM and Mitsubishi have executed several measures over the years to boost our service levels and meet customer expectations and aspirations. I foresee brighter days ahead for our time-tested alliance," as quoted by Rushlane.
Besides the Pajero Sport automatic variant, Mitsubishi is also understood to have five other new vehicles lined up for India, including two SUVs by 2016. Talking to Autocar Professional, Mitsubishi's executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office - Ken Horinouchi - revealed the company's plans for India. Though the exact details and launch dates are yet to be known, the auto market is likely to see the arrival of vehicles like Mirage hatchback and the Attrage sedan.
The Mirage would take on the likes of the new Maruti Celerio and Hyundai i10 in India. The car, which is currently on sales in other markets, is powered by a 77bhp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28