Mitsubishi to Launch Pajero Sport Automatic Variant in India Soon; Five New Vehicles Lined up
By greeshma m | February 20, 2014 12:28 AM EST
Japan's Mitsubishi Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its off-roader Pajero in India, called Pajero Sport.
The new variant of Mitsubishi's popular SUV will come with automatic transmission and will be available in India through the company's country partner Hindustan Motors. The vehicle will be manufactured at Hindustan's state-of-the-art plant at Tiruvallur near Chennai. But the company did not reveal the availability details of the SUV in the domestic market.
However, rumours are rife that the new automatic Pajero Sport will hit the Indian roads by mid-2014. The current India-specific Pajero model comes with 2.5 litre, four pot, diesel engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Announcing the new variant for India, Uttam Bose, Managing Director of Hindustan Motors said: "Mitsubishi brands, especially Pajero, evoke a sentimental response from Indian citizens. Pajero Sport's unmatched ability to offer a rare blend of comfort and adventure has won the heart of customers. The customer's needs occupy paramount position in Hindustan Motor's customer-centric business ethos. HM and Mitsubishi have executed several measures over the years to boost our service levels and meet customer expectations and aspirations. I foresee brighter days ahead for our time-tested alliance," as quoted by Rushlane.
Besides the Pajero Sport automatic variant, Mitsubishi is also understood to have five other new vehicles lined up for India, including two SUVs by 2016. Talking to Autocar Professional, Mitsubishi's executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office - Ken Horinouchi - revealed the company's plans for India. Though the exact details and launch dates are yet to be known, the auto market is likely to see the arrival of vehicles like Mirage hatchback and the Attrage sedan.
The Mirage would take on the likes of the new Maruti Celerio and Hyundai i10 in India. The car, which is currently on sales in other markets, is powered by a 77bhp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes