Mitsubishi to Launch Pajero Sport Automatic Variant in India Soon; Five New Vehicles Lined up
By greeshma m | February 20, 2014 12:28 AM EST
Japan's Mitsubishi Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its off-roader Pajero in India, called Pajero Sport.
The new variant of Mitsubishi's popular SUV will come with automatic transmission and will be available in India through the company's country partner Hindustan Motors. The vehicle will be manufactured at Hindustan's state-of-the-art plant at Tiruvallur near Chennai. But the company did not reveal the availability details of the SUV in the domestic market.
However, rumours are rife that the new automatic Pajero Sport will hit the Indian roads by mid-2014. The current India-specific Pajero model comes with 2.5 litre, four pot, diesel engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Announcing the new variant for India, Uttam Bose, Managing Director of Hindustan Motors said: "Mitsubishi brands, especially Pajero, evoke a sentimental response from Indian citizens. Pajero Sport's unmatched ability to offer a rare blend of comfort and adventure has won the heart of customers. The customer's needs occupy paramount position in Hindustan Motor's customer-centric business ethos. HM and Mitsubishi have executed several measures over the years to boost our service levels and meet customer expectations and aspirations. I foresee brighter days ahead for our time-tested alliance," as quoted by Rushlane.
Besides the Pajero Sport automatic variant, Mitsubishi is also understood to have five other new vehicles lined up for India, including two SUVs by 2016. Talking to Autocar Professional, Mitsubishi's executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office - Ken Horinouchi - revealed the company's plans for India. Though the exact details and launch dates are yet to be known, the auto market is likely to see the arrival of vehicles like Mirage hatchback and the Attrage sedan.
The Mirage would take on the likes of the new Maruti Celerio and Hyundai i10 in India. The car, which is currently on sales in other markets, is powered by a 77bhp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen