Mitsubishi to Launch Pajero Sport Automatic Variant in India Soon; Five New Vehicles Lined up
By greeshma m | February 20, 2014 12:28 AM EST
Japan's Mitsubishi Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its off-roader Pajero in India, called Pajero Sport.
Members of the USC marching band perform during the unveiling of the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show in Los Angeles
The new variant of Mitsubishi's popular SUV will come with automatic transmission and will be available in India through the company's country partner Hindustan Motors. The vehicle will be manufactured at Hindustan's state-of-the-art plant at Tiruvallur near Chennai. But the company did not reveal the availability details of the SUV in the domestic market.
However, rumours are rife that the new automatic Pajero Sport will hit the Indian roads by mid-2014. The current India-specific Pajero model comes with 2.5 litre, four pot, diesel engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Announcing the new variant for India, Uttam Bose, Managing Director of Hindustan Motors said: "Mitsubishi brands, especially Pajero, evoke a sentimental response from Indian citizens. Pajero Sport's unmatched ability to offer a rare blend of comfort and adventure has won the heart of customers. The customer's needs occupy paramount position in Hindustan Motor's customer-centric business ethos. HM and Mitsubishi have executed several measures over the years to boost our service levels and meet customer expectations and aspirations. I foresee brighter days ahead for our time-tested alliance," as quoted by Rushlane.
Besides the Pajero Sport automatic variant, Mitsubishi is also understood to have five other new vehicles lined up for India, including two SUVs by 2016. Talking to Autocar Professional, Mitsubishi's executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office - Ken Horinouchi - revealed the company's plans for India. Though the exact details and launch dates are yet to be known, the auto market is likely to see the arrival of vehicles like Mirage hatchback and the Attrage sedan.
The Mirage would take on the likes of the new Maruti Celerio and Hyundai i10 in India. The car, which is currently on sales in other markets, is powered by a 77bhp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6