Mitsubishi to Launch Pajero Sport Automatic Variant in India Soon; Five New Vehicles Lined up
By greeshma m | February 20, 2014 12:28 AM EST
Japan's Mitsubishi Motors is all set to introduce a new variant of its off-roader Pajero in India, called Pajero Sport.
The new variant of Mitsubishi's popular SUV will come with automatic transmission and will be available in India through the company's country partner Hindustan Motors. The vehicle will be manufactured at Hindustan's state-of-the-art plant at Tiruvallur near Chennai. But the company did not reveal the availability details of the SUV in the domestic market.
However, rumours are rife that the new automatic Pajero Sport will hit the Indian roads by mid-2014. The current India-specific Pajero model comes with 2.5 litre, four pot, diesel engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
Announcing the new variant for India, Uttam Bose, Managing Director of Hindustan Motors said: "Mitsubishi brands, especially Pajero, evoke a sentimental response from Indian citizens. Pajero Sport's unmatched ability to offer a rare blend of comfort and adventure has won the heart of customers. The customer's needs occupy paramount position in Hindustan Motor's customer-centric business ethos. HM and Mitsubishi have executed several measures over the years to boost our service levels and meet customer expectations and aspirations. I foresee brighter days ahead for our time-tested alliance," as quoted by Rushlane.
Besides the Pajero Sport automatic variant, Mitsubishi is also understood to have five other new vehicles lined up for India, including two SUVs by 2016. Talking to Autocar Professional, Mitsubishi's executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office - Ken Horinouchi - revealed the company's plans for India. Though the exact details and launch dates are yet to be known, the auto market is likely to see the arrival of vehicles like Mirage hatchback and the Attrage sedan.
The Mirage would take on the likes of the new Maruti Celerio and Hyundai i10 in India. The car, which is currently on sales in other markets, is powered by a 77bhp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet