Alia Bhatt Irked with Imtiaz Ali over Deepika Padukone?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 20, 2014 12:12 AM EST
Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt may be out promoting her upcoming film "Highway" but the youngster reportedly has some reasons to worry.
While Alia is seen happily posing for the shutterbugs with her "Highway" team, the actress is apparently upset with director Imtiaz Ali, after he chose Deepika Padukone as the female lead for his next project.
The bubbly Alia is understood to have developed a bond with Imtiaz during the shoot of their road movie "Highway" and was hopeful of landing the lead role in the "Jab We Met" director's next project.
However, Imtiaz announced Deepika as the female lead opposite Ranbir Kapoor in his next project "The Window Seat", leaving Alia miffed to an extent.
"Alia is a kid. She is very expressive and possessive about the people close to her. Yes, she feels that Imtiaz brought out the best in her and hence, she'd feel a bit let down if he didn't offer her another film," Asian Age quoted a source close to the actress.
It should be noted that Imtiaz had previously worked with Deepika in the 2009 superhit "Love Aaj Kal." Moreover, the Deepika-Ranbir pair proved quite a success in last year's superhit "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deeewani", leaving the director short of paring options.
And given the "Chennai Express" actress' present numero uno position in the industry, the leggy beauty is now most directors' first choice.
However, we can hope Alia's wish to reunite with the "Rockstar" director will be fulfilled, after he completes "The Window Seat".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans