HTC Desire 8: Leaked Photos 'Correct' With A Plastic Body
By Judith Aparri | February 19, 2014 11:43 PM EST
Legal issues may be something the HTC can leave behind now. It has to focus on its plans of developing "mid-range" devices this year, while clinging to narrow profitability brought about by patent bullying in the smartphone industry race.
The Taiwanese firm has been up to several settlements with Nokia Oyj, Microsoft and Apple, finding itself paying much for its device to its competitors and its recent advertising push failure.
Part of the mid-range production concept is Desire 8, which leaked photos popped up several times recently. It is now back with an almost complete specs list. Apart from HTC One, which is pricey and has an admired body in metal, Desire 8 appears to trade metal for plastic similar to Nokia Lumia devices and iPhone 5C.
Body Build And Camera
Leaked images from Engadget tipster showed a polycarbonate white body with options of yellow, cyan, red and orange. A Chinese phone leak site, MyDrivers, also gave some specs. Desire 8 camera highlights 13 megapixels although not ultrapixel, front-facing camera with 5 megapixels, screen sized at 5.5 inches and a bit smaller than HTC One Max's.
Expect this 13-megapixel camera at its best function about HTC One, which has ultrapixel 4 megapixel camera. It is seen the Desire 8 handset will likely fall behind its contemporaries: iPhone, Lumia devices and Samsung Galaxy S5 that have 20-megapixel shooter.
According to LlabTooFer, HTC Desire 8 shall have Snapdragon 400 with 1.2 GHZ quad-core processor. RAM is 1.6 GB and storage is 8 GB with a microSD card support. It comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Sense 6.0.
Other specs are rumored to be akin to HTC One or maybe cut down a bit. It can be treated as a cheaper version of HTC One with a plastic body.
With its specs at large and upcoming launch, online posts see consumers saying the HTC next smartphone is worth the wait as they believe HTC spends more on product development than in marketing. HTC's Weibo account posted a picture of Desire 8 in white, the same one which the leakers have lately taken. It shall possibly be launched on March 18 worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Complete NYC Tour Itinerary [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots