HTC Desire 8: Leaked Photos 'Correct' With A Plastic Body
By Judith Aparri | February 19, 2014 11:43 PM EST
Legal issues may be something the HTC can leave behind now. It has to focus on its plans of developing "mid-range" devices this year, while clinging to narrow profitability brought about by patent bullying in the smartphone industry race.
The Taiwanese firm has been up to several settlements with Nokia Oyj, Microsoft and Apple, finding itself paying much for its device to its competitors and its recent advertising push failure.
Part of the mid-range production concept is Desire 8, which leaked photos popped up several times recently. It is now back with an almost complete specs list. Apart from HTC One, which is pricey and has an admired body in metal, Desire 8 appears to trade metal for plastic similar to Nokia Lumia devices and iPhone 5C.
Body Build And Camera
Leaked images from Engadget tipster showed a polycarbonate white body with options of yellow, cyan, red and orange. A Chinese phone leak site, MyDrivers, also gave some specs. Desire 8 camera highlights 13 megapixels although not ultrapixel, front-facing camera with 5 megapixels, screen sized at 5.5 inches and a bit smaller than HTC One Max's.
Expect this 13-megapixel camera at its best function about HTC One, which has ultrapixel 4 megapixel camera. It is seen the Desire 8 handset will likely fall behind its contemporaries: iPhone, Lumia devices and Samsung Galaxy S5 that have 20-megapixel shooter.
According to LlabTooFer, HTC Desire 8 shall have Snapdragon 400 with 1.2 GHZ quad-core processor. RAM is 1.6 GB and storage is 8 GB with a microSD card support. It comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Sense 6.0.
Other specs are rumored to be akin to HTC One or maybe cut down a bit. It can be treated as a cheaper version of HTC One with a plastic body.
With its specs at large and upcoming launch, online posts see consumers saying the HTC next smartphone is worth the wait as they believe HTC spends more on product development than in marketing. HTC's Weibo account posted a picture of Desire 8 in white, the same one which the leakers have lately taken. It shall possibly be launched on March 18 worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments