Travel Destinations: Bookworms Love to Visit These Places
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:52 PM EST
Is it incredibly hard for you to say goodbye to a book you have just finished reading? Do you mentally hunt for the next book you want to read even when you are just halfway reading the current one? Are you a self proclaimed bookworm? If books are your world and you just can’t put them down, you should plan your next vacation to one of these wonderful places that serve as book shrines all over the world!
Sherlock Holmes Museum
• F Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald Museum: Montgomery, Alabama, USA
Critically acclaimed writers F Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald have quite a few literary accomplishments to their credit. F Scott shot to fame with his legendary ‘The Great Gatsby’ that has already been adapted into a movie. His wife Zelda’s short stories became widely popular among book lovers. The couple’s house that they rented for the purpose of writing, now serves as a museum. It displays their tables, typewriters, letter, paintings, etc.
• The Sherlock Holmes Museum, London, UK
There isn’t one book enthusiast who is not fascinated by Sherlock Holmes. The Arthur Conan Doyle character, in the author’s books lives at 221b Baker Street. You will be surprised to know that the address is actually a museum dedicated to the popular detective. A number of antiques typical to Holmes have been displayed in an impeccable manner. Interestingly enough, waxworks from some of his most famous cases are on display among other items like his pipe, hats, detective gear, etc.
• The Jane Austen Centre, Bath, UK
All Jane Austen fans can go and quench their thirst to get up and close with the life and works of the brilliant author at The Jane Austen Centre. It has on display almost everything that is known of her. To celebrate specific works that the author penned in her lifetime, there is a festival held every summer dedicated only to this. What’s more, the museum has even an extraordinary Regency Tea Room.
• Hans Christian Anderson’s Fairy Tale House, Copenhagen, Denmark
This marvellously designed fairy tale house in Copenhagen exhibits extravagant pictures from some of his widely popular works. The Little Mermaid has been specifically emphasized as it is one of the most loved works by him among many others. The museum also features very rare handwritten manuscripts and artefacts from the writer’s life.
• The Tolstoy House Museum, Moscow, Russia
Leo Tolstoy’s house, turned into a museum, is as real as it is spell binding. It is an evidence for the life he led with his family through 1882 to 1901. He was known to be passionate for gardening. Even now, the garden has been maintained just as he liked it. Authentic manuscripts and original items like his children’s toys have been kept intact. The study at the museum is said to be a must visit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers, Based From Books: Jon Snow In Grave Danger, Cersei Demands for Trial By Combat
- ‘Game of Thrones’ The Mountain Hailed As Europe’s Strongest Man, Gregor Clegane’s Fate In Season 5 [VIDEO]
- Angelina Jolie Wants Author’s Plagiarism Lawsuit Against ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ Dismissed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Soon To Release SAMCRO Book, An Official Behind-The-Scenes Collector’s Edition
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch