'Salsa' Dance Practice Brings You Great Health Benefits
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Salsas, Waltz, Tango, Zumba, Samba, Foxtrots are popping up everywhere in cities. Don’t you sometimes want to be able to do one of these? Don’t you just wish you could beautifully move like those dancers you see on TV dance shows? These dance forms are great to look at and if you know how to move, they can do wonders to your personality.
But did you know that you don’t have to be a great dancer to embrace some of these styles, especially Salsa. Salsa dancing has become as popular as Aerobics or any other exercise classes that help you stay in shape.
All you need to do is start with basic training. Once you start getting your steps right and do it properly, you’ll begin to enjoy it more each day. If you practice religiously, you can get several aerobic and anaerobic benefits from it.
What’s more, you can use your steps to turn a regular club night into a fun Salsa dancing night! In fact, many health experts say dancing is extremely beneficial for working people who seldom find time to work out. It’s an easy and engaging way that you can enjoy alone or with friends. If you put the right focus into it, Salsa can help take your body and mind to the next level.
Keep a Calorie Check
You might wonder how many calories you will burn by dancing. Well, that totally depends on how regularly and vigorously you dance and whether you can inculcate this in your routine. If you manage to get your heart rate up during dancing you should consider that a terrific
Work out session
Dance, as health experts have pointed out, is a weight bearing activity so it makes your bones stronger. It is tremendously helpful in building your upper body strength.
Focus on Maximum Benefit
Taking Salsa lessons from a certified trainer or teacher will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit by practising the right movements. Also, they can easily help you avoid any physical injury. An inexperienced/bad teacher can minimize your capability to learn and also pose a health risk.
Socialize with Salsa
Salsa requires you to dance with a partner. For working individuals who often complain of lack of time to socialize, you can ask your partner or a friend to accompany you to these lessons. It not only keeps you motivated but makes sure that you don’t skip any classes.
Amazingly so, Salsa dancing doesn’t get stale or boring like a regular work out so it keeps you motivated enough to be on your toes, literally!
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Parenting Secrets To Kim Kardashian
- New Ebola Strain in Congo Spark Fears of Outbreak Across Africa; More Flight Cancellations Hamper Aid
- Low-Carb and High Protein Diet Combo is The World's Best Diet
- Nintendo Wii Can Help Multiple Sclerosis Patients Improve Strength
- "Sex Superbug" Puts Doctors on High Alert: A New Strain of Highly Resistant Gonorrhoea was Found in Australia
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?