'Salsa' Dance Practice Brings You Great Health Benefits
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:21 PM EST
Salsas, Waltz, Tango, Zumba, Samba, Foxtrots are popping up everywhere in cities. Don’t you sometimes want to be able to do one of these? Don’t you just wish you could beautifully move like those dancers you see on TV dance shows? These dance forms are great to look at and if you know how to move, they can do wonders to your personality.
But did you know that you don’t have to be a great dancer to embrace some of these styles, especially Salsa. Salsa dancing has become as popular as Aerobics or any other exercise classes that help you stay in shape.
All you need to do is start with basic training. Once you start getting your steps right and do it properly, you’ll begin to enjoy it more each day. If you practice religiously, you can get several aerobic and anaerobic benefits from it.
What’s more, you can use your steps to turn a regular club night into a fun Salsa dancing night! In fact, many health experts say dancing is extremely beneficial for working people who seldom find time to work out. It’s an easy and engaging way that you can enjoy alone or with friends. If you put the right focus into it, Salsa can help take your body and mind to the next level.
Keep a Calorie Check
You might wonder how many calories you will burn by dancing. Well, that totally depends on how regularly and vigorously you dance and whether you can inculcate this in your routine. If you manage to get your heart rate up during dancing you should consider that a terrific
Work out session
Dance, as health experts have pointed out, is a weight bearing activity so it makes your bones stronger. It is tremendously helpful in building your upper body strength.
Focus on Maximum Benefit
Taking Salsa lessons from a certified trainer or teacher will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit by practising the right movements. Also, they can easily help you avoid any physical injury. An inexperienced/bad teacher can minimize your capability to learn and also pose a health risk.
Socialize with Salsa
Salsa requires you to dance with a partner. For working individuals who often complain of lack of time to socialize, you can ask your partner or a friend to accompany you to these lessons. It not only keeps you motivated but makes sure that you don’t skip any classes.
Amazingly so, Salsa dancing doesn’t get stale or boring like a regular work out so it keeps you motivated enough to be on your toes, literally!
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June