Box Office Collection: ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Scores Well; ‘Jai Ho’ Still Running
By Ankita Mehta | February 19, 2014 10:13 PM EST
Vinil Mathew's feature directorial debut "Hasee Toh Phasee" is scoring well in India, despite competition from the star-studded "Gunday".
Hasee Toh Phasee
Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra starrer is at the second spot this week at the box office chart, above Salman Khan's "Jai Ho". Ranveer Singh-Arjun Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer "Gunday" remains at the top position.
The romantic comedy is still attracting audiences to the theaters. Till its second weekend, the film managed to accumulate ₹33 crore from India and ₹11.25 crore from overseas markets.
"Hasee Toh Phasee" has turned out to be a profitable project as it earned the budget amount of ₹24 crore for the satellite, music and overseas rights, which were sold for ₹21.5 crore, trade analyst Taran Adarsh revealed.
The remaining ₹3.5 crore was earned on the opening day itself.
In international markets, the film had a decent theatrical run. It collected ($1.82 million) ₹11.25 crores in 10 days. Apparently, the 10-day total of "Hasee Toh Phasee" in the US is much higher than the 10-day total of Sidharth's debut film "Student of the Year".
Meanwhile, Salman starrer "Jai Ho" is still running at the domestic box office but the screen count has declined drastically. The screen count went down with the release of "Gunday", affecting the business of the film.
The film, directed by Sohail Khan, will take its lifetime total to ₹117 crore, which is in the range of "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela" total.
The political action drama will end its box office run this week, as it completes its fourth week. Also, Imtiaz Ali's "Highway" will hit screens on Friday (21 February).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles