Fitness Tips: 7 One-Minute Workouts For a Fit Body
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:05 PM EST
No time for exercise today? Too tied up to hit the gym? Nobody is there to accompany you to Yoga class? No need to worry about it. If you can spare just a minute from your entire day, then you can effortlessly get an effective workout with these uncomplicated exercises. Most importantly, these exercises will make sure that all your muscle groups are employed. Fit as many of these workouts in your regime as you can.
Belarusian men do physical exercises at the main square of the town of Molodechno, some 60 km (37 miles) northwest of Minsk, February 5, 2012. The sportsmen belong to a movement promoting a sober way of life.
A quick pump up guarantees that your energy levels stay up. Combine four one-minute exercises together—one lower body, one upper body, one core and one cardio—and you've got a decent full-body workout. (Beginners aim for two minutes)
Lie on your stomach with arms stretched overhead and legs straight. Lengthen body, tuck tailbone to protect your lower back, and lift arms and legs at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds.
• Chair Squats
That position when you’re just about to sit in a chair, hold that position for a few seconds and straighten up.
• Calf Raise
Stand with your feet apart, the same width as between both your shoulders. Slowly, lift your heels and balance yourself on the front part of your feet. Gradually put your entire foot on the ground.
Running upstairs will work your butt muscles. Walk down, go sideways, take two stairs at a time or skip a stair at a time.
• Shut That Eye
Close your eyes and try to balance on one leg while simultaneously moving your other leg in circles. It helps improve balance and your core stabilization muscles.
• Push Ups
Get in plank position. Keep your feet together. Lower your body towards the floor, push back up and repeat. It’s difficult at first, but if you accustom yourself to this, it will help develop your pectoral muscles and triceps.
• Walking Lunges
Step forward with your right foot in front, then bend both your legs in a way that your right knee is at a 90 degree angle and your left knee almost touched the ground. Straighten up. Repeat with the other leg.
If you’re a beginner, do only as many exercises as you can with ease. Slowly, your muscles will get accustomed to the stretching and working making it easier.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- Low-Carb Diet Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease, Aids Weight Loss; A Look At Celebs Who Adopted The Diet
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- Coffee Before A Nap Improves Brain Alertness
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged