Fitness Tips: 7 One-Minute Workouts For a Fit Body
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:05 PM EST
No time for exercise today? Too tied up to hit the gym? Nobody is there to accompany you to Yoga class? No need to worry about it. If you can spare just a minute from your entire day, then you can effortlessly get an effective workout with these uncomplicated exercises. Most importantly, these exercises will make sure that all your muscle groups are employed. Fit as many of these workouts in your regime as you can.
Belarusian men do physical exercises at the main square of the town of Molodechno, some 60 km (37 miles) northwest of Minsk, February 5, 2012. The sportsmen belong to a movement promoting a sober way of life.
A quick pump up guarantees that your energy levels stay up. Combine four one-minute exercises together—one lower body, one upper body, one core and one cardio—and you've got a decent full-body workout. (Beginners aim for two minutes)
Lie on your stomach with arms stretched overhead and legs straight. Lengthen body, tuck tailbone to protect your lower back, and lift arms and legs at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds.
• Chair Squats
That position when you’re just about to sit in a chair, hold that position for a few seconds and straighten up.
• Calf Raise
Stand with your feet apart, the same width as between both your shoulders. Slowly, lift your heels and balance yourself on the front part of your feet. Gradually put your entire foot on the ground.
Running upstairs will work your butt muscles. Walk down, go sideways, take two stairs at a time or skip a stair at a time.
• Shut That Eye
Close your eyes and try to balance on one leg while simultaneously moving your other leg in circles. It helps improve balance and your core stabilization muscles.
• Push Ups
Get in plank position. Keep your feet together. Lower your body towards the floor, push back up and repeat. It’s difficult at first, but if you accustom yourself to this, it will help develop your pectoral muscles and triceps.
• Walking Lunges
Step forward with your right foot in front, then bend both your legs in a way that your right knee is at a 90 degree angle and your left knee almost touched the ground. Straighten up. Repeat with the other leg.
If you’re a beginner, do only as many exercises as you can with ease. Slowly, your muscles will get accustomed to the stretching and working making it easier.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Spreads Through Red Cross Vaccine - Ghana Nurse ‘Testifies’; The Truth About Red Cross
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Glaucoma Is The Culprit Behind Bono's Fixation For Sunglasses; Watch The Spoiler For Graham Norton Show Where Rock Star Reveals The Same
- Ebola Outbreak Blamed on Infected Bushmeat; First Family to Catch Virus Hunted Bats
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored