Fitness Tips: 7 One-Minute Workouts For a Fit Body
By Prerna Sood | February 19, 2014 10:05 PM EST
No time for exercise today? Too tied up to hit the gym? Nobody is there to accompany you to Yoga class? No need to worry about it. If you can spare just a minute from your entire day, then you can effortlessly get an effective workout with these uncomplicated exercises. Most importantly, these exercises will make sure that all your muscle groups are employed. Fit as many of these workouts in your regime as you can.
Belarusian men do physical exercises at the main square of the town of Molodechno, some 60 km (37 miles) northwest of Minsk, February 5, 2012. The sportsmen belong to a movement promoting a sober way of life.
A quick pump up guarantees that your energy levels stay up. Combine four one-minute exercises together—one lower body, one upper body, one core and one cardio—and you've got a decent full-body workout. (Beginners aim for two minutes)
Lie on your stomach with arms stretched overhead and legs straight. Lengthen body, tuck tailbone to protect your lower back, and lift arms and legs at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds.
• Chair Squats
That position when you’re just about to sit in a chair, hold that position for a few seconds and straighten up.
• Calf Raise
Stand with your feet apart, the same width as between both your shoulders. Slowly, lift your heels and balance yourself on the front part of your feet. Gradually put your entire foot on the ground.
Running upstairs will work your butt muscles. Walk down, go sideways, take two stairs at a time or skip a stair at a time.
• Shut That Eye
Close your eyes and try to balance on one leg while simultaneously moving your other leg in circles. It helps improve balance and your core stabilization muscles.
• Push Ups
Get in plank position. Keep your feet together. Lower your body towards the floor, push back up and repeat. It’s difficult at first, but if you accustom yourself to this, it will help develop your pectoral muscles and triceps.
• Walking Lunges
Step forward with your right foot in front, then bend both your legs in a way that your right knee is at a 90 degree angle and your left knee almost touched the ground. Straighten up. Repeat with the other leg.
If you’re a beginner, do only as many exercises as you can with ease. Slowly, your muscles will get accustomed to the stretching and working making it easier.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China