Indian Man Born Without Ears Can Hear, Respond
By Roshni Mahesh | February 19, 2014 9:20 PM EST
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country by being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country for being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that, he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
Apparently, the Dausa-based man named Daulatram Jangid was born with the rare condition.
"I have this defect by birth and have no external pinnae nor any hole," he told IBN Live.
Doctors said that it's a rare form of birth defect and in some people born with the condition, the middle and internal hearing organs are in proper working condition. "Of course, a human being without pinnae (external ears) and hole can hear if his middle and internal organs are fit. Such patient listens through bone conduction of skull but the quality of voice heard might not be clear because there is absence of air conduction," Dr Neeraj Kasliwal, prominent ENT surgeon and head of department at Fortis Hospital in Jaipur, told IBN Live.
Plastic surgery and Bone Anchord Hearing Aid (BAHA) are the two possible methods to treat and improve the hearing ability among this people, he added.
Though Jangid has four siblings, he is the only person in the family affected with the abnormality. During a talk with the press, he recalled how the condition made his life miserable at the school. Though he managed to overcome his difficulties and study till class 10, Jangid, a carpenter by profession is still struggling to get married and settle down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Parenting Secrets To Kim Kardashian
- New Ebola Strain in Congo Spark Fears of Outbreak Across Africa; More Flight Cancellations Hamper Aid
- Low-Carb and High Protein Diet Combo is The World's Best Diet
- Nintendo Wii Can Help Multiple Sclerosis Patients Improve Strength
- Married Couples Who Smoke Pot, Less Likely to Encounter Domestic Violence
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown