Indian Man Born Without Ears Can Hear, Respond
By Roshni Mahesh | February 19, 2014 9:20 PM EST
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country by being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country for being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that, he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
Apparently, the Dausa-based man named Daulatram Jangid was born with the rare condition.
"I have this defect by birth and have no external pinnae nor any hole," he told IBN Live.
Doctors said that it's a rare form of birth defect and in some people born with the condition, the middle and internal hearing organs are in proper working condition. "Of course, a human being without pinnae (external ears) and hole can hear if his middle and internal organs are fit. Such patient listens through bone conduction of skull but the quality of voice heard might not be clear because there is absence of air conduction," Dr Neeraj Kasliwal, prominent ENT surgeon and head of department at Fortis Hospital in Jaipur, told IBN Live.
Plastic surgery and Bone Anchord Hearing Aid (BAHA) are the two possible methods to treat and improve the hearing ability among this people, he added.
Though Jangid has four siblings, he is the only person in the family affected with the abnormality. During a talk with the press, he recalled how the condition made his life miserable at the school. Though he managed to overcome his difficulties and study till class 10, Jangid, a carpenter by profession is still struggling to get married and settle down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS