Indian Man Born Without Ears Can Hear, Respond
By Roshni Mahesh | February 19, 2014 9:20 PM EST
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country by being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
A 30-year-old man from Rajasthan has surprised the whole country for being able to hear and respond, irrespective of the fact that, he does not have an external ear or visible ear canal.
Apparently, the Dausa-based man named Daulatram Jangid was born with the rare condition.
"I have this defect by birth and have no external pinnae nor any hole," he told IBN Live.
Doctors said that it's a rare form of birth defect and in some people born with the condition, the middle and internal hearing organs are in proper working condition. "Of course, a human being without pinnae (external ears) and hole can hear if his middle and internal organs are fit. Such patient listens through bone conduction of skull but the quality of voice heard might not be clear because there is absence of air conduction," Dr Neeraj Kasliwal, prominent ENT surgeon and head of department at Fortis Hospital in Jaipur, told IBN Live.
Plastic surgery and Bone Anchord Hearing Aid (BAHA) are the two possible methods to treat and improve the hearing ability among this people, he added.
Though Jangid has four siblings, he is the only person in the family affected with the abnormality. During a talk with the press, he recalled how the condition made his life miserable at the school. Though he managed to overcome his difficulties and study till class 10, Jangid, a carpenter by profession is still struggling to get married and settle down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Mind is the Key in Female Orgasms: Research
- Super Model Andreja Pejic Confirms Identity As Transgender
- Complete Darkness at Night Key Brings Maximum Success of Breast Cancer Therapy: Latest Study Reveals
- 9 Tips For Surviving a Plane Crash
- 9/11 Cancer Collection Claims 2,500 Ground Zero Rescue Workers: All of Them Have Cancer Now
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects