SHOCKER: American Idol 2014 Recap: 5 Girls Eliminated without Chance to Sing Live
By Raymond Ronamai | February 19, 2014 9:09 PM EST
The Rush Week episode of American Idol season 13 on Tuesday was a little too harsh; in the sense that five hopeful contestants were made to wait in anticipation throughout the show but were eventually eliminated, without giving chance to perform live.
Facebook Official Page
American Idol 2014 contestants
Out of the 15 girls, only 10 were called out to perform on Tuesday's episode. Host Ryan Seacrest explained that the judges took the tough decision, based on the performances of the contestants at Randy Jackson's boot camp and the rehearsals.
The five contestants who made it to top 15 (girls) last week but did not perfom in the Rush Week are Jillian Jensen, Andrina Brogden, Brandy Neelly, Kenzie Hall and Austin Wolfe.
Sadly, the 10 girls, who were called out to perform live on Tuesday, failed to impress the audience. A few of them, like MK Nobilette and Majesty Rose, gave splendid performances but the anticipation of a possible elimination seemed to have got into the nerves of the other contestants, as they sounded shaky.
Here is the list of songs performed by the 10 girls on Tuesday:
Majesty Rose - "Happy" by Pharrell Williams
Kristen O'Connor - "Turning Tables" by Adele
Briana Oakley - "Warrior" by Demi Lovato
Jena Irene Asciutto - "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones
Bria Anai - "Wrong Side of a Love Song" by Melanie Fiona
Marrialle Sellars - "Roar" by Katy Perry
Jessica Meuse - "Drink a Beer" by Luke Bryan
Emily Piriz - "Paris (Ooh La La)" by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
MK Nobilette - "All of Me" by John Legend
Malaya Watson - "Hard Times (No One Knows Better Than I)" by Ray Charles
On Tuesday's episode, it was announced that Ben Briley made it to top 15 (men), beating Neco Starr based on America's votes. However, it has to be seen if he will be among the 10 contestants to perform live on Wednesday.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones