‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Crosses ₹50 Crore Mark in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 19, 2014 9:04 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor starrer "Gunday" is performing well at theaters in India. The action thriller finally crossed the ₹50 crore mark at the domestic box office.
"Gunday" directed by Ali Abbas Zafar has maintained a strong hold at the box office during the first week and has remained consistent. Tuesday's income of the film was in the same range as of Monday.
On Monday, the film raked in ₹5.85 crore, while on Tuesday it minted ₹5.15 crore. With this the five day total of the film stands at ₹54.93 crore.
"#Gunday Fri 16.12 cr, Sat 12.63 cr, Sun 15.18 cr, Mon 5.85 cr, Tue 5.15 cr. Total: ₹ 54.93 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film has now become the second highest grosser film of the year (till now) after Salman Khan's "Jai Ho".
The films which were released in January have not performed well except for "Jai Ho". Even in the second month of the year only "Hasee Toh Phasee" and "Gunday" performed quite well, while the other films bombed at the box office.
Meanwhile, for the producers, the film has turned out to be a profitable venture as it has earned the production cost. The budget of the film is ₹50 crore including printing and advertising cost.
The makers even benefited from the satellites rights of the film and overseas earnings.
"Chunk of the investment due from Satellite rights [₹ 20 cr to 25 cr]... contd.#Gunday balance investment to be recovered from India and Overseas theatrical, music and Home Video, which is a cakewalk for YRF," Adarsh tweeted.
The success of the film has brought some respite to Priyanka Chopra who's last film "Zanjeer" turned out to be an epic disaster.
The film produced under Yash Raj banners also features Irrfan Khan in an important role.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2