‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Crosses ₹50 Crore Mark in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 19, 2014 9:04 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor starrer "Gunday" is performing well at theaters in India. The action thriller finally crossed the ₹50 crore mark at the domestic box office.
"Gunday" directed by Ali Abbas Zafar has maintained a strong hold at the box office during the first week and has remained consistent. Tuesday's income of the film was in the same range as of Monday.
On Monday, the film raked in ₹5.85 crore, while on Tuesday it minted ₹5.15 crore. With this the five day total of the film stands at ₹54.93 crore.
"#Gunday Fri 16.12 cr, Sat 12.63 cr, Sun 15.18 cr, Mon 5.85 cr, Tue 5.15 cr. Total: ₹ 54.93 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film has now become the second highest grosser film of the year (till now) after Salman Khan's "Jai Ho".
The films which were released in January have not performed well except for "Jai Ho". Even in the second month of the year only "Hasee Toh Phasee" and "Gunday" performed quite well, while the other films bombed at the box office.
Meanwhile, for the producers, the film has turned out to be a profitable venture as it has earned the production cost. The budget of the film is ₹50 crore including printing and advertising cost.
The makers even benefited from the satellites rights of the film and overseas earnings.
"Chunk of the investment due from Satellite rights [₹ 20 cr to 25 cr]... contd.#Gunday balance investment to be recovered from India and Overseas theatrical, music and Home Video, which is a cakewalk for YRF," Adarsh tweeted.
The success of the film has brought some respite to Priyanka Chopra who's last film "Zanjeer" turned out to be an epic disaster.
The film produced under Yash Raj banners also features Irrfan Khan in an important role.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports