Maruti Suzuki Celerio Demand Soars In India; Registers 1,000 Booking Per Day
By greeshma m | February 19, 2014 8:45 PM EST
Maruti's latest offering in the small car segment Suzuki Celerio continues to mark strong demand in India.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The Celerio was launched at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida and is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). It is offered in n six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission and it claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both the versions.
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm under the hood. The vehicle falls in the price range of ₹3.90 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
Considering the current pace of bookings, Maruti hopes to clock a good number of sales with the Celerio and to retain its market position in India.
"In our view, success of AMT could disrupt the market in favour of Maruti Suzuki. It also could give the company a head start of one-two years over other players," NDTV quoted Nomura analysts Kapil Singh and Nishit Jalan.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio India Prices
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best