Maruti Suzuki Celerio Demand Soars In India; Registers 1,000 Booking Per Day
By greeshma m | February 19, 2014 8:45 PM EST
Maruti's latest offering in the small car segment Suzuki Celerio continues to mark strong demand in India.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio Pictures Surface Again Ahead of Speculated Launch
The Celerio was launched at the Auto Expo 2014 in Noida and is the first car in India to come with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). It is offered in n six variants in the country - two with automatic transmission and four with manual transmission and it claims a fuel efficiency of 23.1 kilometers for both the versions.
With a wheelbase of 2425mm, Maruti Celerio measures 3600mm in length and 1600mm in width and packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm under the hood. The vehicle falls in the price range of ₹3.90 lakh to ₹4.59 lakh.
Considering the current pace of bookings, Maruti hopes to clock a good number of sales with the Celerio and to retain its market position in India.
"In our view, success of AMT could disrupt the market in favour of Maruti Suzuki. It also could give the company a head start of one-two years over other players," NDTV quoted Nomura analysts Kapil Singh and Nishit Jalan.
Maruti Suzuki Celerio India Prices
Maruti Celerio LXi Manual Transmission - ₹3.90 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.20 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi Manual Transmission - ₹4.50 lakh
Maruti Celerio ZXi (optional) Manual Transmission - ₹4.96 lakh
Maruti Celerio LXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.29 lakh
Maruti Celerio VXi Auto Manual Transmission - ₹4.59 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June