Dileep, Manju Warrier Parting Ways? Couple Files Divorce Petition in Court
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 19, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Popular Malayalam actor Dileep and his actress-wife Manju Warrier are reportedly parting ways.
For the past few months, there have been endless rumours about Dileep and Manju getting a divorce and the news gained momentum when Manju, a former Malayalam actress, announced her comeback plans.
If latest reports are to be believed, Dileep and Manju are set to get legally separated. The duo has filed a joint divorce petition in the Thrissur family court, according to manoramaonline. Buzz is that Dileep and Manju have to sort their property issues, after which a final decision regarding their divorce will be taken.
Some reports have suggested that their daughter Meenkashi will live with Dileep.
It is not clear as to why the couple decided to part ways, though it has been alleged that Dileep was against Manju returning to films.
The couple has reportedly been living separately for the past several months. Last month, media was abuzz with news that Manju had reportedly dropped her married name. Despite all these speculations, the duo has remained silent over their marital life.
Manju married Dileep in 1998, while she was at the peak of her career. As a surprising move, the actress left filmdom after her marriage, though she was one of the most sought-after actresses during that period. Some of her best films include "Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu", "Ee Puzhayum Kadannu", "Pathram", "Kanmadam", "Aaraam Thampuran" and "Sallapam" among others.
Manju is on a comeback trail and is working in "How Old Are You?", helmed by Rosshan Andrrews. The woman centric film will have the talented actress playing the pivotal character of Nirupama Rajeev, who is shown to take part in Kochi Half Marathon.
In the recent past, Manju was seen appearing in TV ads and performing at art festivals.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date