Gal Gadot: 'Man of Steel 2' Actress Shares Facebook Image of Her Workout Muscles, Bulking Up For Wonder Woman Role To Slam Casting Criticism
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 19, 2014 7:35 PM EST
British actor Henry Cavill is not the only one bulking up for the "Man of Steel 2" film. "Fast and Furious" actress Gal Gadot, who will portray Wonder Woman in the movie sequel, recently showed off on Facebook her growing muscles as the result of her workout in preparation for her superheroine character.
"There's nothing like a good workout in the morning... Love it! You?" Ms Gadot wrote as a caption to the shared image on her Facebook page where she can be seen flexing her bicep. It looks like the actress is ready to strike back at the critics who slammed her for not looking tough enough to play Wonder Woman in "Man of Steel 2." Click HERE to see photo.
The Enstars report claims Gal Gadot had to deal with the detractors who were displeased with the "Man of Steel" producers' casting choice. "I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world," the actress stated to the Israeli entertainment news source "Good Evening with Gai Pines."
When the topic further shifted to the more specific criticism that she is too thin and Wonder Woman is always perceived as large-breasted, Ms Gadot gave her reaction to the issue. "Breasts... Anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I'd really go 'by the book,' it'd be problematic."
The Geekosystem.com report even revealed that Gal Gadot had been an actual soldier in the Israeli Army. Ms Gadot's experience in the army can help her with the physicality of her character especially in filming action scenes in "Man of Steel 2."
The actress further revealed that she currently works on a stern exercise regimen to prepare her for the role. The exercise regimen includes kickboxing, Kung Fu, Brazilian Jiujitsu and swords. Robert 'Maximus' MacDonald, the owner of Gym Jones, revealed that he is also training Gal Gadot in addition to Henry Cavill, who reprises his role as Superman in the "Man of Steel 2" film.
"Man of Steel 2" is scheduled to be released in movie theaters on May 6, 2016. As for the superheroes' costumes, the suit designs reported to be more conservative this time are expected to be finally revealed in a couple of weeks.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' Costumes of Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman to be More Conservative? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting: Director Zack Snyder Weighs In on Decision to Cast Ben Affleck as Batman, Jesse Eisenberg to Be Tattooed Skinhead Villain Lex Luthor? - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Jesse Eisenberg To Portray Superman's Archenemy Lex Luthor - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown