Kate Upton Shoots Historic 50th Anniversary Sports Illustrated (2014) Swimsuit Issue in Zero Gravity in Barely-There Bikini- Details
By jaskiran kaur | February 19, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The 21-year-old swimsuit model defied all the laws of gravity for the historic 50th anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. And supposedly, the photos from the photo shoot are going to make all its readers swoon.
Model Kate Upton flew with Zero Gravity Corporation for Zero-G experience, where she floated in outer space-like atmosphere for the swimsuit issue of the famous sports magazine, Sports Illustrated or SI.
Zero Gravity Corporation provides experience of the zero-gravity atmosphere in a flight to the common-man. Kate Upton boarded Boeing 727 owned by Zero G and experienced weightlessness while performing a photo shoots. As reported by USA Today, during the Zero G experience, weightlessness is achieved by performing a "series of aerobatic maneuvers." For this, the plane is taken to 34,000 feet of altitude at 45 degrees and the plane is made to move downward to create zero-gravity atmosphere which may last for less than minute.
Reportedly, Kate Upton sported a tiny golden bikini, flaunting her assets for the photo shoot of the SI's 2014 swimsuit issue.
Kate Upton seemed to have enjoyed her zero gravity experience a lot. According to the press release issued by editor of the Sport Illustrated swimsuit issue MJ Day, "Zero-G experience was really exhilarating for everyone involved" in the photo shoot of 50th Anniversary issue.
According to the press release, Editor MJ Day revealed that this is something that they have never done before. He described it as the "most out-of-the-box shoot." Kate Upton "bounced" and "soared" in the plane for the photo shoot.
"Once again, Kate surprised us all with how she handled modeling in weightlessness," MJ Day said in the press release.
Kate Upton joined the league of the supermodels like Tyra Banks, Christie Brinkley, Elle Macpherson, Cheryl Tiegs and more, who have featured on the cover of the prestigious Sports Illustrated magazine for its swimsuit issues. Kate Upton featured on the cover of the magazine in 2012 and 2013.
Sports Illustrated (2014) 50th Anniversary (Swimsuit) Issue hit the stands on Feb. 18 2014. According to Latin Times report, the swimsuit clad model Kate Upton also landed her a bonus flip-side cover for the issue celebrating 50 years of glory of the mag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales