Kate Upton Shoots Historic 50th Anniversary Sports Illustrated (2014) Swimsuit Issue in Zero Gravity in Barely-There Bikini- Details
By jaskiran kaur | February 19, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The 21-year-old swimsuit model defied all the laws of gravity for the historic 50th anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. And supposedly, the photos from the photo shoot are going to make all its readers swoon.
Model Kate Upton flew with Zero Gravity Corporation for Zero-G experience, where she floated in outer space-like atmosphere for the swimsuit issue of the famous sports magazine, Sports Illustrated or SI.
Zero Gravity Corporation provides experience of the zero-gravity atmosphere in a flight to the common-man. Kate Upton boarded Boeing 727 owned by Zero G and experienced weightlessness while performing a photo shoots. As reported by USA Today, during the Zero G experience, weightlessness is achieved by performing a "series of aerobatic maneuvers." For this, the plane is taken to 34,000 feet of altitude at 45 degrees and the plane is made to move downward to create zero-gravity atmosphere which may last for less than minute.
Reportedly, Kate Upton sported a tiny golden bikini, flaunting her assets for the photo shoot of the SI's 2014 swimsuit issue.
Kate Upton seemed to have enjoyed her zero gravity experience a lot. According to the press release issued by editor of the Sport Illustrated swimsuit issue MJ Day, "Zero-G experience was really exhilarating for everyone involved" in the photo shoot of 50th Anniversary issue.
According to the press release, Editor MJ Day revealed that this is something that they have never done before. He described it as the "most out-of-the-box shoot." Kate Upton "bounced" and "soared" in the plane for the photo shoot.
"Once again, Kate surprised us all with how she handled modeling in weightlessness," MJ Day said in the press release.
Kate Upton joined the league of the supermodels like Tyra Banks, Christie Brinkley, Elle Macpherson, Cheryl Tiegs and more, who have featured on the cover of the prestigious Sports Illustrated magazine for its swimsuit issues. Kate Upton featured on the cover of the magazine in 2012 and 2013.
Sports Illustrated (2014) 50th Anniversary (Swimsuit) Issue hit the stands on Feb. 18 2014. According to Latin Times report, the swimsuit clad model Kate Upton also landed her a bonus flip-side cover for the issue celebrating 50 years of glory of the mag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight