Kate Upton Shoots Historic 50th Anniversary Sports Illustrated (2014) Swimsuit Issue in Zero Gravity in Barely-There Bikini- Details
By jaskiran kaur | February 19, 2014 7:20 PM EST
The 21-year-old swimsuit model defied all the laws of gravity for the historic 50th anniversary Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. And supposedly, the photos from the photo shoot are going to make all its readers swoon.
Model Kate Upton flew with Zero Gravity Corporation for Zero-G experience, where she floated in outer space-like atmosphere for the swimsuit issue of the famous sports magazine, Sports Illustrated or SI.
Zero Gravity Corporation provides experience of the zero-gravity atmosphere in a flight to the common-man. Kate Upton boarded Boeing 727 owned by Zero G and experienced weightlessness while performing a photo shoots. As reported by USA Today, during the Zero G experience, weightlessness is achieved by performing a "series of aerobatic maneuvers." For this, the plane is taken to 34,000 feet of altitude at 45 degrees and the plane is made to move downward to create zero-gravity atmosphere which may last for less than minute.
Reportedly, Kate Upton sported a tiny golden bikini, flaunting her assets for the photo shoot of the SI's 2014 swimsuit issue.
Kate Upton seemed to have enjoyed her zero gravity experience a lot. According to the press release issued by editor of the Sport Illustrated swimsuit issue MJ Day, "Zero-G experience was really exhilarating for everyone involved" in the photo shoot of 50th Anniversary issue.
According to the press release, Editor MJ Day revealed that this is something that they have never done before. He described it as the "most out-of-the-box shoot." Kate Upton "bounced" and "soared" in the plane for the photo shoot.
"Once again, Kate surprised us all with how she handled modeling in weightlessness," MJ Day said in the press release.
Kate Upton joined the league of the supermodels like Tyra Banks, Christie Brinkley, Elle Macpherson, Cheryl Tiegs and more, who have featured on the cover of the prestigious Sports Illustrated magazine for its swimsuit issues. Kate Upton featured on the cover of the magazine in 2012 and 2013.
Sports Illustrated (2014) 50th Anniversary (Swimsuit) Issue hit the stands on Feb. 18 2014. According to Latin Times report, the swimsuit clad model Kate Upton also landed her a bonus flip-side cover for the issue celebrating 50 years of glory of the mag.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015