Fallout 4 Will Not be Releasing Anytime Soon, Says Bethesda Exec
By Aditya Bhat | February 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
A new statement by a Bethesda executive has marked the end of numerous rumors and hoaxes, churned out in anticipation of its heavily anticipated post-apocalyptic video game title, Fallout 4.
Bathesda says no Fallout 4 anytime soon.
Gamers and fans were captivated by the infamous Fallout 4 teaser website Survivor 2299, which was later revealed by its creator as a hoax and a bogus Alternate reality game (ARG) in December 2013. This got people talking about the game and got them interested.
Todd Howard, Game Director at Bethesda told Rock, Paper, Shotgun in an interview that "The ARG was very, very well done."
"It's a testament to our fans. And they're doing that stuff and making mods. The stuff they do, we often look at and go, 'Well, why don't we just do that? That's really great,'" he added.
With Howard's statement, it becomes clear that Fallout 4 will not hit shelves anytime soon and appears to be in an experimental stage if not in the design phase.
"We don't [have a timeframe for our next game announcement], but I think it's gonna be a while," Howard added.
"We've gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we're just trying to figure out which of our ideas are going to stick and finding an appropriate time to talk about it."
However, Bethesda has made note of PC games like Skyrim doing a lot better and a good number of people playing the game.
"PC is resurgent. Skyrim did better than we've ever done on PC by a large, large number... That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we've wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we're working on right now, and its like, 'Wow, I think there's potential here to do some really cool stuff,'" Howard explained.
Deductions can be clearly made with his statements that Bethesda might be possibly working on a new PC game or if not working on one, it is certainly thinking about one.
Fallout 4 has had several other leaks like the false trademark registration, Boston setting rumor and so on. All these have now fallen flat on ground.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)