Fallout 4 Will Not be Releasing Anytime Soon, Says Bethesda Exec
By Aditya Bhat | February 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
A new statement by a Bethesda executive has marked the end of numerous rumors and hoaxes, churned out in anticipation of its heavily anticipated post-apocalyptic video game title, Fallout 4.
Bathesda says no Fallout 4 anytime soon.
Gamers and fans were captivated by the infamous Fallout 4 teaser website Survivor 2299, which was later revealed by its creator as a hoax and a bogus Alternate reality game (ARG) in December 2013. This got people talking about the game and got them interested.
Todd Howard, Game Director at Bethesda told Rock, Paper, Shotgun in an interview that "The ARG was very, very well done."
"It's a testament to our fans. And they're doing that stuff and making mods. The stuff they do, we often look at and go, 'Well, why don't we just do that? That's really great,'" he added.
With Howard's statement, it becomes clear that Fallout 4 will not hit shelves anytime soon and appears to be in an experimental stage if not in the design phase.
"We don't [have a timeframe for our next game announcement], but I think it's gonna be a while," Howard added.
"We've gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we're just trying to figure out which of our ideas are going to stick and finding an appropriate time to talk about it."
However, Bethesda has made note of PC games like Skyrim doing a lot better and a good number of people playing the game.
"PC is resurgent. Skyrim did better than we've ever done on PC by a large, large number... That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we've wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we're working on right now, and its like, 'Wow, I think there's potential here to do some really cool stuff,'" Howard explained.
Deductions can be clearly made with his statements that Bethesda might be possibly working on a new PC game or if not working on one, it is certainly thinking about one.
Fallout 4 has had several other leaks like the false trademark registration, Boston setting rumor and so on. All these have now fallen flat on ground.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?