Fallout 4 Will Not be Releasing Anytime Soon, Says Bethesda Exec
By Aditya Bhat | February 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
A new statement by a Bethesda executive has marked the end of numerous rumors and hoaxes, churned out in anticipation of its heavily anticipated post-apocalyptic video game title, Fallout 4.
Bathesda says no Fallout 4 anytime soon.
Gamers and fans were captivated by the infamous Fallout 4 teaser website Survivor 2299, which was later revealed by its creator as a hoax and a bogus Alternate reality game (ARG) in December 2013. This got people talking about the game and got them interested.
Todd Howard, Game Director at Bethesda told Rock, Paper, Shotgun in an interview that "The ARG was very, very well done."
"It's a testament to our fans. And they're doing that stuff and making mods. The stuff they do, we often look at and go, 'Well, why don't we just do that? That's really great,'" he added.
With Howard's statement, it becomes clear that Fallout 4 will not hit shelves anytime soon and appears to be in an experimental stage if not in the design phase.
"We don't [have a timeframe for our next game announcement], but I think it's gonna be a while," Howard added.
"We've gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we're just trying to figure out which of our ideas are going to stick and finding an appropriate time to talk about it."
However, Bethesda has made note of PC games like Skyrim doing a lot better and a good number of people playing the game.
"PC is resurgent. Skyrim did better than we've ever done on PC by a large, large number... That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we've wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we're working on right now, and its like, 'Wow, I think there's potential here to do some really cool stuff,'" Howard explained.
Deductions can be clearly made with his statements that Bethesda might be possibly working on a new PC game or if not working on one, it is certainly thinking about one.
Fallout 4 has had several other leaks like the false trademark registration, Boston setting rumor and so on. All these have now fallen flat on ground.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell