Fallout 4 Will Not be Releasing Anytime Soon, Says Bethesda Exec
By Aditya Bhat | February 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
A new statement by a Bethesda executive has marked the end of numerous rumors and hoaxes, churned out in anticipation of its heavily anticipated post-apocalyptic video game title, Fallout 4.
Bathesda says no Fallout 4 anytime soon.
Gamers and fans were captivated by the infamous Fallout 4 teaser website Survivor 2299, which was later revealed by its creator as a hoax and a bogus Alternate reality game (ARG) in December 2013. This got people talking about the game and got them interested.
Todd Howard, Game Director at Bethesda told Rock, Paper, Shotgun in an interview that "The ARG was very, very well done."
"It's a testament to our fans. And they're doing that stuff and making mods. The stuff they do, we often look at and go, 'Well, why don't we just do that? That's really great,'" he added.
With Howard's statement, it becomes clear that Fallout 4 will not hit shelves anytime soon and appears to be in an experimental stage if not in the design phase.
"We don't [have a timeframe for our next game announcement], but I think it's gonna be a while," Howard added.
"We've gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we're just trying to figure out which of our ideas are going to stick and finding an appropriate time to talk about it."
However, Bethesda has made note of PC games like Skyrim doing a lot better and a good number of people playing the game.
"PC is resurgent. Skyrim did better than we've ever done on PC by a large, large number... That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we've wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we're working on right now, and its like, 'Wow, I think there's potential here to do some really cool stuff,'" Howard explained.
Deductions can be clearly made with his statements that Bethesda might be possibly working on a new PC game or if not working on one, it is certainly thinking about one.
Fallout 4 has had several other leaks like the false trademark registration, Boston setting rumor and so on. All these have now fallen flat on ground.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Character Undelete, Class Balancing And New Bug Fixes
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage