Fallout 4 Will Not be Releasing Anytime Soon, Says Bethesda Exec
By Aditya Bhat | February 19, 2014 7:02 PM EST
A new statement by a Bethesda executive has marked the end of numerous rumors and hoaxes, churned out in anticipation of its heavily anticipated post-apocalyptic video game title, Fallout 4.
Bathesda says no Fallout 4 anytime soon.
Gamers and fans were captivated by the infamous Fallout 4 teaser website Survivor 2299, which was later revealed by its creator as a hoax and a bogus Alternate reality game (ARG) in December 2013. This got people talking about the game and got them interested.
Todd Howard, Game Director at Bethesda told Rock, Paper, Shotgun in an interview that "The ARG was very, very well done."
"It's a testament to our fans. And they're doing that stuff and making mods. The stuff they do, we often look at and go, 'Well, why don't we just do that? That's really great,'" he added.
With Howard's statement, it becomes clear that Fallout 4 will not hit shelves anytime soon and appears to be in an experimental stage if not in the design phase.
"We don't [have a timeframe for our next game announcement], but I think it's gonna be a while," Howard added.
"We've gotten fairly used to all the questions and curiosity over the years. Everyone wants information. Right now, we're just trying to figure out which of our ideas are going to stick and finding an appropriate time to talk about it."
However, Bethesda has made note of PC games like Skyrim doing a lot better and a good number of people playing the game.
"PC is resurgent. Skyrim did better than we've ever done on PC by a large, large number... That opens up avenues for us going forward to do things that we've wanted to do in the past. There are kind of random ideas we're working on right now, and its like, 'Wow, I think there's potential here to do some really cool stuff,'" Howard explained.
Deductions can be clearly made with his statements that Bethesda might be possibly working on a new PC game or if not working on one, it is certainly thinking about one.
Fallout 4 has had several other leaks like the false trademark registration, Boston setting rumor and so on. All these have now fallen flat on ground.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation