Budget Impact: Honda, Hero Motocorp Two-Wheeler Prices Slashed in India
By greeshma m | February 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp on Tuesday announced a price cut on all its models, after the proclamation of excise duty relief to the automobile industry in Interim Budget 2014-15.
"Honda welcomes excise duty relief given to auto industry in the interim Budget... Honda has decided to pass the full benefit of 4 per cent excise duty reduction on two-wheelers to its valued customers across India with immediate effect," PTI quoted HMSI.
Finance minister P Chidambaram, presenting the budget on Monday said that the excise duty of small cars, motorcycles, scooter and commercial vehicles in India has been cut down to 8 percent from 12 per cent and the excise duty of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) has gone down to 24 per cent from 30 per cent.
With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289 will come cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
"We have decided to pass on the entire benefit of the excise duty cut to our customers. We have judiciously spread out the price cut across our product portfolio ranging from 2 per cent going up to 5 per cent with the maximum reduction being Rs 4, 500," Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions