Budget Impact: Honda, Hero Motocorp Two-Wheeler Prices Slashed in India
By greeshma m | February 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp on Tuesday announced a price cut on all its models, after the proclamation of excise duty relief to the automobile industry in Interim Budget 2014-15.
"Honda welcomes excise duty relief given to auto industry in the interim Budget... Honda has decided to pass the full benefit of 4 per cent excise duty reduction on two-wheelers to its valued customers across India with immediate effect," PTI quoted HMSI.
Finance minister P Chidambaram, presenting the budget on Monday said that the excise duty of small cars, motorcycles, scooter and commercial vehicles in India has been cut down to 8 percent from 12 per cent and the excise duty of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) has gone down to 24 per cent from 30 per cent.
With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289 will come cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
"We have decided to pass on the entire benefit of the excise duty cut to our customers. We have judiciously spread out the price cut across our product portfolio ranging from 2 per cent going up to 5 per cent with the maximum reduction being Rs 4, 500," Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique