Budget Impact: Honda, Hero Motocorp Two-Wheeler Prices Slashed in India
By greeshma m | February 19, 2014 6:54 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp on Tuesday announced a price cut on all its models, after the proclamation of excise duty relief to the automobile industry in Interim Budget 2014-15.
"Honda welcomes excise duty relief given to auto industry in the interim Budget... Honda has decided to pass the full benefit of 4 per cent excise duty reduction on two-wheelers to its valued customers across India with immediate effect," PTI quoted HMSI.
Finance minister P Chidambaram, presenting the budget on Monday said that the excise duty of small cars, motorcycles, scooter and commercial vehicles in India has been cut down to 8 percent from 12 per cent and the excise duty of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) has gone down to 24 per cent from 30 per cent.
With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289 will come cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
"We have decided to pass on the entire benefit of the excise duty cut to our customers. We have judiciously spread out the price cut across our product portfolio ranging from 2 per cent going up to 5 per cent with the maximum reduction being Rs 4, 500," Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report