Apple iOS 7 March Updates: Overhauled MDM; Google Translate with iOS 7 Support FREE for 24 Hours
By Athena Yenko | February 19, 2014 6:45 PM EST
The rumoured Apple next free iOS 7 update which reportedly will be launch by mid-March will include a major revamp to the Mobile Device Management (MDM) mass deployment system. A whole new "Volume Services" Web Client will also be launched, the AppleInsider reports.
According to unconfirmed source, Apple is already in talks with MDM vendors and institutional clients in order to provide users with satisfactory improvements to the iOS 7.1 release.
The MDM overhaul, so they say, involves the following improvements:
- Volume services web site active for client log-in. Web site will be launch with features such as "Automate MDM Enrollment" and "Buy Apps and Books in Volume."
- Over-the-air supervision of deployed iOS devices, which will allow institutions, like universities and high schools, to easily monitor and protect large iOS device deployments
- New OTA method will bypass Apple'sConfiguratorapp.
- MDM allows education, government and corporate organizations to centrally and securely configure fleets of mobile devices, including the installation of custom apps, setup profiles that grant access to the organizations' networks, and the enforcement of administrator designated restrictions such as turning off camera hardware or blocking access to websites or other app installations.
Meanwhile, Google on Tuesday had announced that it has updated its translation app, Google Translate, with iOS 7 support.
Google Translate version 2.1.0 is available now as a free download from App Store.
Google Translate now employs the redesigned keyboard and status bar which was launched with iOS 7. Google Translate was the latest offering from Google which has the original iOS apps to put in support for Apple's upcoming iOS 7 update.
Google Translate users can also type in handwriting from different languages which include Arabic, Esperanto, Gujarati, Hebrew, Javanese, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Persian, Punjabi, Telugu, and Zulu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown