Apple iOS 7 March Updates: Overhauled MDM; Google Translate with iOS 7 Support FREE for 24 Hours
By Athena Yenko | February 19, 2014 6:45 PM EST
The rumoured Apple next free iOS 7 update which reportedly will be launch by mid-March will include a major revamp to the Mobile Device Management (MDM) mass deployment system. A whole new "Volume Services" Web Client will also be launched, the AppleInsider reports.
According to unconfirmed source, Apple is already in talks with MDM vendors and institutional clients in order to provide users with satisfactory improvements to the iOS 7.1 release.
The MDM overhaul, so they say, involves the following improvements:
- Volume services web site active for client log-in. Web site will be launch with features such as "Automate MDM Enrollment" and "Buy Apps and Books in Volume."
- Over-the-air supervision of deployed iOS devices, which will allow institutions, like universities and high schools, to easily monitor and protect large iOS device deployments
- New OTA method will bypass Apple'sConfiguratorapp.
- MDM allows education, government and corporate organizations to centrally and securely configure fleets of mobile devices, including the installation of custom apps, setup profiles that grant access to the organizations' networks, and the enforcement of administrator designated restrictions such as turning off camera hardware or blocking access to websites or other app installations.
Meanwhile, Google on Tuesday had announced that it has updated its translation app, Google Translate, with iOS 7 support.
Google Translate version 2.1.0 is available now as a free download from App Store.
Google Translate now employs the redesigned keyboard and status bar which was launched with iOS 7. Google Translate was the latest offering from Google which has the original iOS apps to put in support for Apple's upcoming iOS 7 update.
Google Translate users can also type in handwriting from different languages which include Arabic, Esperanto, Gujarati, Hebrew, Javanese, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Persian, Punjabi, Telugu, and Zulu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership