‘Orange Is The New Black' Season 2: Five Things You Need to Know
By Riza Ornos | February 19, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Based on the bestselling book of Piper Chapman, "Orange Is The New Black" Season Two is kicking off on June 6. The cast has been teasing fans with what to expect for the upcoming season and a new 15-second trailer has been released by Netflix to keep the fans glued for Season Two's premiere.
The short trailer features the OITNB lead stars including the Russian chef Red played by Kate Mulgrew, Crazy Eye played by Uzo Aduba, Pornstache played by Pablo Schreiber, Nicki played Natasha Lyonne and Taystee played by Danielle Brooks.
Season one ended with Piper played by Taylor Schilling assaulting Pennsatucky played by Taryn Manning and season 2 will make her play a tougher game. Based on some spoilers, not all the cast will be back for the second installment of the series. Laura Prepon is reportedly not going to return as Alex but the show's creator Jenji Kohan revealed that she will be in "most" of the season.
Here are the five things that you need to know for "Orange Is The New Black" Season 2.
1. Pennsatucky is alive! Yes, Taryn Manning is back for season two and was promoted to series regular after her extraordinary performance as Pennsatucky. The last episode left Pennsatucky bathing in her own blood when she attempted to kill Piper but she will definitely survive the blow and will annoy the rest of the cast once she's back in business.
2. Both Crazy Eyes and Taystee have been upgraded to series regulars, and season two will feature less Alex.
3. OITNB will also feature new faces including Lorraine Toussaint who will play as a drug kingpin who runs her business with children who works for her, and Lori Petty, 90's "Tank Girl" icon, whose rule is still under wraps.
4. Season two will also focus on other girls, so fans have to expect that this season will be less Piper appearance. Series creator Jenji Koha confirmed that there will be less Piper/Alex/Larry triangle, the show will be more on an ensemble-based and not just focus on one character.
5. Larry will go to the dark side. Piper's fiancé will take advantage of her situation and will something questionable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate