‘Orange Is The New Black' Season 2: Five Things You Need to Know
By Riza Ornos | February 19, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Based on the bestselling book of Piper Chapman, "Orange Is The New Black" Season Two is kicking off on June 6. The cast has been teasing fans with what to expect for the upcoming season and a new 15-second trailer has been released by Netflix to keep the fans glued for Season Two's premiere.
The short trailer features the OITNB lead stars including the Russian chef Red played by Kate Mulgrew, Crazy Eye played by Uzo Aduba, Pornstache played by Pablo Schreiber, Nicki played Natasha Lyonne and Taystee played by Danielle Brooks.
Season one ended with Piper played by Taylor Schilling assaulting Pennsatucky played by Taryn Manning and season 2 will make her play a tougher game. Based on some spoilers, not all the cast will be back for the second installment of the series. Laura Prepon is reportedly not going to return as Alex but the show's creator Jenji Kohan revealed that she will be in "most" of the season.
Here are the five things that you need to know for "Orange Is The New Black" Season 2.
1. Pennsatucky is alive! Yes, Taryn Manning is back for season two and was promoted to series regular after her extraordinary performance as Pennsatucky. The last episode left Pennsatucky bathing in her own blood when she attempted to kill Piper but she will definitely survive the blow and will annoy the rest of the cast once she's back in business.
2. Both Crazy Eyes and Taystee have been upgraded to series regulars, and season two will feature less Alex.
3. OITNB will also feature new faces including Lorraine Toussaint who will play as a drug kingpin who runs her business with children who works for her, and Lori Petty, 90's "Tank Girl" icon, whose rule is still under wraps.
4. Season two will also focus on other girls, so fans have to expect that this season will be less Piper appearance. Series creator Jenji Koha confirmed that there will be less Piper/Alex/Larry triangle, the show will be more on an ensemble-based and not just focus on one character.
5. Larry will go to the dark side. Piper's fiancé will take advantage of her situation and will something questionable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills