Newsted Announces Soundwave Festival Cancellation?
By Anne Lu | February 19, 2014 5:42 PM EST
Newsted has announced that it has pulled out of Soundwave festival on Facebook, leaving promoter AJ Maddah confused by their sudden cancellation.
“The NEWSTED Band will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014,” a Facebook post the band wrote early on Wednesday read. It has since been deleted.
The band, led by former Metallica rocker Jason Newsted, have been involved in a public feud with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth earlier in February after Mustaine allegedly refused to be billed with them. Mustaine and Jason Newsted were original members of Metallica, and apparently, they didn’t want to share stage again.
Megadeth have then withdrawn from Soundwave since.
Newsted’s sudden cancellation has baffled Maddah, who is currently trying to get hold with the band to figure out what’s going on.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
@94Emmasimpson no. Tried his mobile, his TM. His agent and manager have not located him either. Hope he is OK. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave Festival has suffered quite a number of cancellations over the past few months. Stone Temple Pilots, The Living End, Sevendust, Whitechapel, and Desaparecidos have all withdrawn from the festival over various reasons.
Just recently, Swedish band Hardcore Superstar have been removed from the line-up after allegedly threatening to cancel their appearance.
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
@TheWebbedLyric No. Can't really swap them with Alice In Chains, etc. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 18, 2014
Soundwave 2014 Festival will kick off on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. It will then travel to Olympic Park in Sydney on the 23rd, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 28th, at the Bonython Park in Adelaide on March 1, and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth on March 3.
Green Day, Alice in Chains, Richie Sambora, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Placebo are among the acts lined up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build