Newsted Announces Soundwave Festival Cancellation?
By Anne Lu | February 19, 2014 5:42 PM EST
Newsted has announced that it has pulled out of Soundwave festival on Facebook, leaving promoter AJ Maddah confused by their sudden cancellation.
“The NEWSTED Band will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014,” a Facebook post the band wrote early on Wednesday read. It has since been deleted.
The band, led by former Metallica rocker Jason Newsted, have been involved in a public feud with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth earlier in February after Mustaine allegedly refused to be billed with them. Mustaine and Jason Newsted were original members of Metallica, and apparently, they didn’t want to share stage again.
Megadeth have then withdrawn from Soundwave since.
Newsted’s sudden cancellation has baffled Maddah, who is currently trying to get hold with the band to figure out what’s going on.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
@94Emmasimpson no. Tried his mobile, his TM. His agent and manager have not located him either. Hope he is OK. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave Festival has suffered quite a number of cancellations over the past few months. Stone Temple Pilots, The Living End, Sevendust, Whitechapel, and Desaparecidos have all withdrawn from the festival over various reasons.
Just recently, Swedish band Hardcore Superstar have been removed from the line-up after allegedly threatening to cancel their appearance.
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
@TheWebbedLyric No. Can't really swap them with Alice In Chains, etc. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 18, 2014
Soundwave 2014 Festival will kick off on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. It will then travel to Olympic Park in Sydney on the 23rd, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 28th, at the Bonython Park in Adelaide on March 1, and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth on March 3.
Green Day, Alice in Chains, Richie Sambora, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Placebo are among the acts lined up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage