Newsted Announces Soundwave Festival Cancellation?
By Anne Lu | February 19, 2014 5:42 PM EST
Newsted has announced that it has pulled out of Soundwave festival on Facebook, leaving promoter AJ Maddah confused by their sudden cancellation.
“The NEWSTED Band will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014,” a Facebook post the band wrote early on Wednesday read. It has since been deleted.
The band, led by former Metallica rocker Jason Newsted, have been involved in a public feud with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth earlier in February after Mustaine allegedly refused to be billed with them. Mustaine and Jason Newsted were original members of Metallica, and apparently, they didn’t want to share stage again.
Megadeth have then withdrawn from Soundwave since.
Newsted’s sudden cancellation has baffled Maddah, who is currently trying to get hold with the band to figure out what’s going on.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
@94Emmasimpson no. Tried his mobile, his TM. His agent and manager have not located him either. Hope he is OK. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave Festival has suffered quite a number of cancellations over the past few months. Stone Temple Pilots, The Living End, Sevendust, Whitechapel, and Desaparecidos have all withdrawn from the festival over various reasons.
Just recently, Swedish band Hardcore Superstar have been removed from the line-up after allegedly threatening to cancel their appearance.
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
@TheWebbedLyric No. Can't really swap them with Alice In Chains, etc. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 18, 2014
Soundwave 2014 Festival will kick off on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. It will then travel to Olympic Park in Sydney on the 23rd, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 28th, at the Bonython Park in Adelaide on March 1, and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth on March 3.
Green Day, Alice in Chains, Richie Sambora, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Placebo are among the acts lined up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast