Newsted Announces Soundwave Festival Cancellation?
By Anne Lu | February 19, 2014 5:42 PM EST
Newsted has announced that it has pulled out of Soundwave festival on Facebook, leaving promoter AJ Maddah confused by their sudden cancellation.
“The NEWSTED Band will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014,” a Facebook post the band wrote early on Wednesday read. It has since been deleted.
The band, led by former Metallica rocker Jason Newsted, have been involved in a public feud with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth earlier in February after Mustaine allegedly refused to be billed with them. Mustaine and Jason Newsted were original members of Metallica, and apparently, they didn’t want to share stage again.
Megadeth have then withdrawn from Soundwave since.
Newsted’s sudden cancellation has baffled Maddah, who is currently trying to get hold with the band to figure out what’s going on.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
@94Emmasimpson no. Tried his mobile, his TM. His agent and manager have not located him either. Hope he is OK. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave Festival has suffered quite a number of cancellations over the past few months. Stone Temple Pilots, The Living End, Sevendust, Whitechapel, and Desaparecidos have all withdrawn from the festival over various reasons.
Just recently, Swedish band Hardcore Superstar have been removed from the line-up after allegedly threatening to cancel their appearance.
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
@TheWebbedLyric No. Can't really swap them with Alice In Chains, etc. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 18, 2014
Soundwave 2014 Festival will kick off on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. It will then travel to Olympic Park in Sydney on the 23rd, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 28th, at the Bonython Park in Adelaide on March 1, and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth on March 3.
Green Day, Alice in Chains, Richie Sambora, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Placebo are among the acts lined up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen