Newsted Announces Soundwave Festival Cancellation?
By Anne Lu | February 19, 2014 5:42 PM EST
Newsted has announced that it has pulled out of Soundwave festival on Facebook, leaving promoter AJ Maddah confused by their sudden cancellation.
“The NEWSTED Band will not be appearing or performing live in February or March 2014,” a Facebook post the band wrote early on Wednesday read. It has since been deleted.
The band, led by former Metallica rocker Jason Newsted, have been involved in a public feud with Dave Mustaine of Megadeth earlier in February after Mustaine allegedly refused to be billed with them. Mustaine and Jason Newsted were original members of Metallica, and apparently, they didn’t want to share stage again.
Megadeth have then withdrawn from Soundwave since.
Newsted’s sudden cancellation has baffled Maddah, who is currently trying to get hold with the band to figure out what’s going on.
Trying to find Newsted and figure out what is going on. The band's equipment just arrived in Brisbane so not sure what's up.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
@94Emmasimpson no. Tried his mobile, his TM. His agent and manager have not located him either. Hope he is OK. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 19, 2014
Soundwave Festival has suffered quite a number of cancellations over the past few months. Stone Temple Pilots, The Living End, Sevendust, Whitechapel, and Desaparecidos have all withdrawn from the festival over various reasons.
Just recently, Swedish band Hardcore Superstar have been removed from the line-up after allegedly threatening to cancel their appearance.
So Hardcore Superstar have just threatened to cancel if they don't get a late spot. Being Superstars and all that.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 17, 2014
@TheWebbedLyric No. Can't really swap them with Alice In Chains, etc. — AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 18, 2014
Soundwave 2014 Festival will kick off on February 22 at the RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane. It will then travel to Olympic Park in Sydney on the 23rd, at the Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne on the 28th, at the Bonython Park in Adelaide on March 1, and at the Arena Joondalup in Perth on March 3.
Green Day, Alice in Chains, Richie Sambora, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Placebo are among the acts lined up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed