Samsung Galaxy S5 16MP Camera To Sport New Camera Flash LED?
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 19, 2014 5:33 PM EST
Samsung has planned a new LED component solution for smartphones and tablets to be launched at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014. Samsung will officially unveil the technology and demonstrate the new flash line at MWC 2014.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (L) and Apple's iPhone 5 are seen in this file picture illustration taken in Seoul on May 13, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is bracing for its weakest smartphone profit growth in 2014 since 2007 as arch rival Apple Inc challenges its domination in China's $80 billion market. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
The Korean tech giant revealed the component 3432 1.8t will be "used in the next Galaxy smartphone, which is expected to be rolled out later this month." The Samsung Galaxy S5 might feature a brand new 16MP camera on release date sporting this new technology. With this, Samsung is expected to incorporate in its new flagship smartphone, stunning and high-quality images will be captured by Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is believed to sport the new technology that will improve the quality of low-light photography. This department has been particularly a pain point in mobile photography in older Samsung smartphones so it will be a revered addition to the Samsung Galaxy S5 if the rumors are accurate.
Certainly, Samsung's new LED flash components will surely play a significant role in improving the camera of Samsung Galaxy S5. But the question is whether it will be included in the next generation Samsung flagship smartphone. It must be noted that according to Samsung, it will not begin the mass-production of the new components for partners until March.
Apart from the 16MP camera, Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to sport a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K resolution and 560 ppi pixel density, 2.5 GHz quad-core or octa-core Exynos chipset processor depending on the model, 2 MP front-facing camera, 3000 mAh battery, 3 GB RAM, integrated infrared blaster, Android 4.4 KitKat and 4G LTE data up to 150 Mbps support.
Let's wait and see what the next Samsung flagship has to offer. The Korean tech giant is expected to launch Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone at the "Unpacked 5" event next week at MWC 2014 trade show in Barcelona, Spain. The release date will then follow a few weeks after the launch date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced