Minecraft TU 14 Updates Reveal Anvil and More; Pocket Edition Gets Update, Minecraft Movie Coming Back On?
By Gel Galang | February 19, 2014 4:56 PM EST
After teasing the comparison shots of "Minecraft" on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, and "Minecraft" on the PS4 and the PS3---albeit in a clever and sly way---4J Studios has updated the progress of the "Minecraft" Xbox 360 TU14.
4J Studios said over at its official Twitter account:
@jschwert57 TU14 is going fine! We'll post shots later this week of the revised Creative interface, and the new Trading & Anvil interfaces.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) February 17, 2014
Considering the progress that the developers have done for the PS3 versions, it may not come as a surprise if the additions for "Minecraft" TU14 will also translate to the PS3 version.
*Check out the first full trailer of "The Order: 1886," showing off the game's cinematic glory and background story: See it here.
From the previous snapshots, there are a lot of features that have already been confirmed thanks to the screenshots shown off by the developers. And this has already propelled fans to keep hoping for and speculating over at "Minecraft" Forums about "Minecraft" TU14 to be a big update.
"I can't blame people for getting excited for this update, this update contains quartz blocks, and cobblestone walls, and sideways logs which are key blocks to building epic builds," said Cire360.
"The game is going to be the same across all the platforms Title Update wise. The question that the one user asked clarifies that the 360 and One will both have the same features in the picture. From that, we also know that the PS3 and PS4 will have these features as well," said KioriBug.
"I'm in the camp that thinks the Wither is a good possibility. The painting was added in the same PC update as the wither. Another thing to note that while 4J has confirmed that TU14 is going to be based on PC 1.3.1, a good deal of the additional confirmed features are from PC 1.4.2," said RenegadeFade.
*The latest PS4 firmware is out: Check here for more PS4 news.
Pocket Edition Also Gets an Update
Speaking of updates, the Pocket Edition also has its own updates, and Mojang has posted what has been happening with the mobile app.
"We're working on restructuring a lot of code to allow significantly bigger worlds in future updates. We're also updating the AI, inventory, and a bunch of other things. Unfortunately we don't have a release date yet, but so far, everything is going [according] to plan."
A screenshot of an upcoming animal has also been included, which gamers can check out in the link above.
'Minecraft' Movie Back On?
Earlier, there were reports of Mojang's Notch shutting down the plans for a Kickstarter-funded movie called "Birth of Man," which was set to get a pledge of $600,000.
"We would love to see a video-game movie done right. Our plan is to tell an epic fantasy story that would stand alone on its own merit and set that story in the world of Minecraft for its visual appeal and the unique physical rules within the world," said Brandon Laatsch over at the Kickstarter page.
*"Ryse: Son of Rome" is the start of Microsoft's possible Xbox One games deals: Read here for more details.
The movie was supposed to be a mix of live action and a crafted "Minecraft," blocky world, as can be seen in some of the screenshots in sampled in the Kickstarter page. However, this was cancelled due to a tweet from Notch, who had said that they don't allow Kickstarters that have more than half a million budget asked from the audience to build something based on "Minecraft" without any deals.
The latest move here is that Laatsch has now split was with Rocketjump to avoid editing the direction of the content of the movie and will now have his own team. But at least Laatsch has assured his fans that Mojang backs the project 100 per cent, and that Notch was not "completely in the loop" with the deals made.
Whether or not "Birth of Man" starts up again in Kickstarter or whether a new scheme that features donations instead of rewards as per Mojang will be followed is yet to be announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date