Minecraft TU 14 Updates Reveal Anvil and More; Pocket Edition Gets Update, Minecraft Movie Coming Back On?
By Gel Galang | February 19, 2014 4:56 PM EST
After teasing the comparison shots of "Minecraft" on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, and "Minecraft" on the PS4 and the PS3---albeit in a clever and sly way---4J Studios has updated the progress of the "Minecraft" Xbox 360 TU14.
4J Studios said over at its official Twitter account:
@jschwert57 TU14 is going fine! We'll post shots later this week of the revised Creative interface, and the new Trading & Anvil interfaces.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) February 17, 2014
Considering the progress that the developers have done for the PS3 versions, it may not come as a surprise if the additions for "Minecraft" TU14 will also translate to the PS3 version.
*Check out the first full trailer of "The Order: 1886," showing off the game's cinematic glory and background story: See it here.
From the previous snapshots, there are a lot of features that have already been confirmed thanks to the screenshots shown off by the developers. And this has already propelled fans to keep hoping for and speculating over at "Minecraft" Forums about "Minecraft" TU14 to be a big update.
"I can't blame people for getting excited for this update, this update contains quartz blocks, and cobblestone walls, and sideways logs which are key blocks to building epic builds," said Cire360.
"The game is going to be the same across all the platforms Title Update wise. The question that the one user asked clarifies that the 360 and One will both have the same features in the picture. From that, we also know that the PS3 and PS4 will have these features as well," said KioriBug.
"I'm in the camp that thinks the Wither is a good possibility. The painting was added in the same PC update as the wither. Another thing to note that while 4J has confirmed that TU14 is going to be based on PC 1.3.1, a good deal of the additional confirmed features are from PC 1.4.2," said RenegadeFade.
*The latest PS4 firmware is out: Check here for more PS4 news.
Pocket Edition Also Gets an Update
Speaking of updates, the Pocket Edition also has its own updates, and Mojang has posted what has been happening with the mobile app.
"We're working on restructuring a lot of code to allow significantly bigger worlds in future updates. We're also updating the AI, inventory, and a bunch of other things. Unfortunately we don't have a release date yet, but so far, everything is going [according] to plan."
A screenshot of an upcoming animal has also been included, which gamers can check out in the link above.
'Minecraft' Movie Back On?
Earlier, there were reports of Mojang's Notch shutting down the plans for a Kickstarter-funded movie called "Birth of Man," which was set to get a pledge of $600,000.
"We would love to see a video-game movie done right. Our plan is to tell an epic fantasy story that would stand alone on its own merit and set that story in the world of Minecraft for its visual appeal and the unique physical rules within the world," said Brandon Laatsch over at the Kickstarter page.
*"Ryse: Son of Rome" is the start of Microsoft's possible Xbox One games deals: Read here for more details.
The movie was supposed to be a mix of live action and a crafted "Minecraft," blocky world, as can be seen in some of the screenshots in sampled in the Kickstarter page. However, this was cancelled due to a tweet from Notch, who had said that they don't allow Kickstarters that have more than half a million budget asked from the audience to build something based on "Minecraft" without any deals.
The latest move here is that Laatsch has now split was with Rocketjump to avoid editing the direction of the content of the movie and will now have his own team. But at least Laatsch has assured his fans that Mojang backs the project 100 per cent, and that Notch was not "completely in the loop" with the deals made.
Whether or not "Birth of Man" starts up again in Kickstarter or whether a new scheme that features donations instead of rewards as per Mojang will be followed is yet to be announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide