Robert Pattinson to Quit Acting; What Will his Alternate Career be?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 19, 2014 4:12 PM EST
Robert Pattinson, who found fame as the vampire Edward Cullen in the “Twilight” series, is reportedly ready to give up acting and move away from the limelight.
Pattinson is said to be tired of the fact that his personal life, especially his relationship with on-again-off-again girlfriend Kristen Stewart, is under media glare, and he now wants to keep his personal life private.
“The cost of fame is the thing he and Kristen used to complain about all day and that hasn’t changed at all for him,” a friend of Pattinson’s told Radar Online.
The British actor is also said to be unhappy with constant attention from “Twilight" fans, and he dissed them in an interview last year saying he wonders why people sit in front of their computers the whole day and comment on anything remotely related to the series.
Stewart’s affair with director Rupert Sanders only made matters worse.
“Rob really can’t stand being famous, even though he loves his job,” the friend added. “I’m sure all the hell he went through with Kristen was the final straw for him as far as fame is concerned.”
Reports have it that Pattinson, who is passionate about singing, is even thinking of switching careers. But music is not what he has in mind, although previous reports indicated that Pattinson has invested heavily in his music career.
“Rob is looking at a whole new approach to his future and is even considering going to theater school to focus more on getting behind the camera,” a friend of the 27-year-old told HollywoodLife.com.
“Rob’s been talking to a lot of independent film makers, and the last thing he wants to do is act in another blockbuster. He would like to direct a movie one day,” the friend added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date