Robert Pattinson to Quit Acting; What Will his Alternate Career be?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 19, 2014 4:12 PM EST
Robert Pattinson, who found fame as the vampire Edward Cullen in the “Twilight” series, is reportedly ready to give up acting and move away from the limelight.
Pattinson is said to be tired of the fact that his personal life, especially his relationship with on-again-off-again girlfriend Kristen Stewart, is under media glare, and he now wants to keep his personal life private.
“The cost of fame is the thing he and Kristen used to complain about all day and that hasn’t changed at all for him,” a friend of Pattinson’s told Radar Online.
The British actor is also said to be unhappy with constant attention from “Twilight" fans, and he dissed them in an interview last year saying he wonders why people sit in front of their computers the whole day and comment on anything remotely related to the series.
Stewart’s affair with director Rupert Sanders only made matters worse.
“Rob really can’t stand being famous, even though he loves his job,” the friend added. “I’m sure all the hell he went through with Kristen was the final straw for him as far as fame is concerned.”
Reports have it that Pattinson, who is passionate about singing, is even thinking of switching careers. But music is not what he has in mind, although previous reports indicated that Pattinson has invested heavily in his music career.
“Rob is looking at a whole new approach to his future and is even considering going to theater school to focus more on getting behind the camera,” a friend of the 27-year-old told HollywoodLife.com.
“Rob’s been talking to a lot of independent film makers, and the last thing he wants to do is act in another blockbuster. He would like to direct a movie one day,” the friend added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate