Robert Pattinson to Quit Acting; What Will his Alternate Career be?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 19, 2014 4:12 PM EST
Robert Pattinson, who found fame as the vampire Edward Cullen in the “Twilight” series, is reportedly ready to give up acting and move away from the limelight.
Pattinson is said to be tired of the fact that his personal life, especially his relationship with on-again-off-again girlfriend Kristen Stewart, is under media glare, and he now wants to keep his personal life private.
“The cost of fame is the thing he and Kristen used to complain about all day and that hasn’t changed at all for him,” a friend of Pattinson’s told Radar Online.
The British actor is also said to be unhappy with constant attention from “Twilight" fans, and he dissed them in an interview last year saying he wonders why people sit in front of their computers the whole day and comment on anything remotely related to the series.
Stewart’s affair with director Rupert Sanders only made matters worse.
“Rob really can’t stand being famous, even though he loves his job,” the friend added. “I’m sure all the hell he went through with Kristen was the final straw for him as far as fame is concerned.”
Reports have it that Pattinson, who is passionate about singing, is even thinking of switching careers. But music is not what he has in mind, although previous reports indicated that Pattinson has invested heavily in his music career.
“Rob is looking at a whole new approach to his future and is even considering going to theater school to focus more on getting behind the camera,” a friend of the 27-year-old told HollywoodLife.com.
“Rob’s been talking to a lot of independent film makers, and the last thing he wants to do is act in another blockbuster. He would like to direct a movie one day,” the friend added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James