Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live on Decisive Day of Action for Ice Hockey, Curling and Snowboarding
By Shruthi SU | February 19, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Day 13 [Wednesday] has many finals and semifinals scheduled to be played. Ice hockey will have its semi-finalists while Curling will have its finalists at the end of the day. Snowboarding too has a big day with the finals scheduled at the end of the qualifying rounds.
Where to Watch Live
Day 13 is scheduled for a 9.30 am local time (10.45 am IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Latvia will play the defending Olympic champions Canada in the quarterfinals today after an impressive 3-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday evening. The other quarterfinals include Sweden taking on Slovakia while the hosts Russia wait to play Finland. United States will take on Czech Republic to decide the semi-finalists.
Men's alpine skiing giant slalom will see India's third and the last participant in the Winter Games this year. Although, India's Himanshu Thakur is set to take part in the event, it is America's Ted Ligety who's the world champion alpine skier. The U.S athlete is aiming to take home America's first giant slalom gold medal. Marcel Hirscher from Austria and the duo from France - Thomas Fanara and Alexis Pinturault -- are among the favourites to step up to the podium.
The biathlon mixed relay also promises top action. Russia and Norway are among the favourites in the event.
Jasey-Jay Anderson from Canada is the Olympic champion in the run for snowboarding - parallel giant slalom. Fellow Canadian Michael Lambert also figures in the top scheme of things. The women's event will be dominated by Germany, although, Switzerland also boasts of talented athletes.
Women's bobsleigh is said to have an American spark on the podium, with Lauryn Williams and Elana Meyers being everyone's bet followed by their teammates Aja Evans and Jamie Greubel. Athletes from Canada and Germany too are determined to reach the podium.
The cross-country team spirit classic, for both men and women, are scheduled for the day. Norway, Germany and Sweden have produced some great talents that will be in exhibition in the event.
The semifinals of the women's and men's curling event will be held on Wednesday. In the women's section, Great Britain will take on Canada while Sweden and Switzerland will take on each other. The men's semifinals, however, will witness Great Britain face Sweden while Canada and China push to make it to the next round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?