Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live on Decisive Day of Action for Ice Hockey, Curling and Snowboarding
By Shruthi SU | February 19, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Day 13 [Wednesday] has many finals and semifinals scheduled to be played. Ice hockey will have its semi-finalists while Curling will have its finalists at the end of the day. Snowboarding too has a big day with the finals scheduled at the end of the qualifying rounds.
Where to Watch Live
Day 13 is scheduled for a 9.30 am local time (10.45 am IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Latvia will play the defending Olympic champions Canada in the quarterfinals today after an impressive 3-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday evening. The other quarterfinals include Sweden taking on Slovakia while the hosts Russia wait to play Finland. United States will take on Czech Republic to decide the semi-finalists.
Men's alpine skiing giant slalom will see India's third and the last participant in the Winter Games this year. Although, India's Himanshu Thakur is set to take part in the event, it is America's Ted Ligety who's the world champion alpine skier. The U.S athlete is aiming to take home America's first giant slalom gold medal. Marcel Hirscher from Austria and the duo from France - Thomas Fanara and Alexis Pinturault -- are among the favourites to step up to the podium.
The biathlon mixed relay also promises top action. Russia and Norway are among the favourites in the event.
Jasey-Jay Anderson from Canada is the Olympic champion in the run for snowboarding - parallel giant slalom. Fellow Canadian Michael Lambert also figures in the top scheme of things. The women's event will be dominated by Germany, although, Switzerland also boasts of talented athletes.
Women's bobsleigh is said to have an American spark on the podium, with Lauryn Williams and Elana Meyers being everyone's bet followed by their teammates Aja Evans and Jamie Greubel. Athletes from Canada and Germany too are determined to reach the podium.
The cross-country team spirit classic, for both men and women, are scheduled for the day. Norway, Germany and Sweden have produced some great talents that will be in exhibition in the event.
The semifinals of the women's and men's curling event will be held on Wednesday. In the women's section, Great Britain will take on Canada while Sweden and Switzerland will take on each other. The men's semifinals, however, will witness Great Britain face Sweden while Canada and China push to make it to the next round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies