Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live on Decisive Day of Action for Ice Hockey, Curling and Snowboarding
By Shruthi SU | February 19, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Day 13 [Wednesday] has many finals and semifinals scheduled to be played. Ice hockey will have its semi-finalists while Curling will have its finalists at the end of the day. Snowboarding too has a big day with the finals scheduled at the end of the qualifying rounds.
Where to Watch Live
Day 13 is scheduled for a 9.30 am local time (10.45 am IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Latvia will play the defending Olympic champions Canada in the quarterfinals today after an impressive 3-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday evening. The other quarterfinals include Sweden taking on Slovakia while the hosts Russia wait to play Finland. United States will take on Czech Republic to decide the semi-finalists.
Men's alpine skiing giant slalom will see India's third and the last participant in the Winter Games this year. Although, India's Himanshu Thakur is set to take part in the event, it is America's Ted Ligety who's the world champion alpine skier. The U.S athlete is aiming to take home America's first giant slalom gold medal. Marcel Hirscher from Austria and the duo from France - Thomas Fanara and Alexis Pinturault -- are among the favourites to step up to the podium.
The biathlon mixed relay also promises top action. Russia and Norway are among the favourites in the event.
Jasey-Jay Anderson from Canada is the Olympic champion in the run for snowboarding - parallel giant slalom. Fellow Canadian Michael Lambert also figures in the top scheme of things. The women's event will be dominated by Germany, although, Switzerland also boasts of talented athletes.
Women's bobsleigh is said to have an American spark on the podium, with Lauryn Williams and Elana Meyers being everyone's bet followed by their teammates Aja Evans and Jamie Greubel. Athletes from Canada and Germany too are determined to reach the podium.
The cross-country team spirit classic, for both men and women, are scheduled for the day. Norway, Germany and Sweden have produced some great talents that will be in exhibition in the event.
The semifinals of the women's and men's curling event will be held on Wednesday. In the women's section, Great Britain will take on Canada while Sweden and Switzerland will take on each other. The men's semifinals, however, will witness Great Britain face Sweden while Canada and China push to make it to the next round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies