Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live on Decisive Day of Action for Ice Hockey, Curling and Snowboarding
By Shruthi SU | February 19, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Day 13 [Wednesday] has many finals and semifinals scheduled to be played. Ice hockey will have its semi-finalists while Curling will have its finalists at the end of the day. Snowboarding too has a big day with the finals scheduled at the end of the qualifying rounds.
Where to Watch Live
Day 13 is scheduled for a 9.30 am local time (10.45 am IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
Latvia will play the defending Olympic champions Canada in the quarterfinals today after an impressive 3-1 win over Switzerland on Tuesday evening. The other quarterfinals include Sweden taking on Slovakia while the hosts Russia wait to play Finland. United States will take on Czech Republic to decide the semi-finalists.
Men's alpine skiing giant slalom will see India's third and the last participant in the Winter Games this year. Although, India's Himanshu Thakur is set to take part in the event, it is America's Ted Ligety who's the world champion alpine skier. The U.S athlete is aiming to take home America's first giant slalom gold medal. Marcel Hirscher from Austria and the duo from France - Thomas Fanara and Alexis Pinturault -- are among the favourites to step up to the podium.
The biathlon mixed relay also promises top action. Russia and Norway are among the favourites in the event.
Jasey-Jay Anderson from Canada is the Olympic champion in the run for snowboarding - parallel giant slalom. Fellow Canadian Michael Lambert also figures in the top scheme of things. The women's event will be dominated by Germany, although, Switzerland also boasts of talented athletes.
Women's bobsleigh is said to have an American spark on the podium, with Lauryn Williams and Elana Meyers being everyone's bet followed by their teammates Aja Evans and Jamie Greubel. Athletes from Canada and Germany too are determined to reach the podium.
The cross-country team spirit classic, for both men and women, are scheduled for the day. Norway, Germany and Sweden have produced some great talents that will be in exhibition in the event.
The semifinals of the women's and men's curling event will be held on Wednesday. In the women's section, Great Britain will take on Canada while Sweden and Switzerland will take on each other. The men's semifinals, however, will witness Great Britain face Sweden while Canada and China push to make it to the next round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports