Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) Stock on ‘Hold’ by Thomson Reuters
By Athena Yenko | February 19, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Equities research analysts at Thomson Reuters/Verus had downgraded Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock price to 'hold' from a 'buy' rating on Feb 18, as reported by Analysts Ratings Network (ARN).
Analysts at Bank of America on the other hand lifted their price target on Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) shares from $575.00 to $590.00 on Friday. They gave a 'neutral' rating on Apple stock.
Analysts at Needham & Company lowered their price target on shares of Apple from $595.00 to $590.00 on Monday. They gave a 'buy' rating on Apple stock.
Zacks had maintained its 'neutral' rating on Apple on Wednesday putting a price target of $534.00 on Apple stock.
There were three equities research analysts which gave Apple a 'sell' rating, ten rated the stock on 'hold', twenty-nine rated 'buy' and one had given a 'strong buy' rating. Overall, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) had a consensus rating of 'buy' and a price target of $597.88.
On Tuesday, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) opened at $543.99 with a 52-week low of $385.10 and a 52-week high of $575.14. The stock has a 50-day moving of $534.7 and a 200-day moving average of $516.1, as reported by ARN.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) real time quotes as published by NASDAQ OMX as of Feb 18 is at $545.40, up by 0.25 per cent; previous close at $543.99; today's high at 551.19, today's low at $543.5; 52 weeks high at $575.1358, weeks low at $385. 10.
As of January 31, a large growth in short interest totaling to 16,538,870 shares, a growth of 8.6% from the January 15th total of 15,231,209 shares was seen on Apple shares. On an average daily trading volume of 18,191,886 shares, Apple's short-interest ratio at present is 0.9 days. The 1.9 per cent of Apple shares is presently short sold.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has always surpassed analysts' predictions as what had been observed with its latest quarterly earnings announced in Jan 27: $14.50 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the analysts' consensus estimate of $14.05 by $0.45.
Apple had also reported earnings of $57.59 billion as compared to analysts' consensus prediction of $57.46 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine