‘Star Wars’ Actor Christopher Malcolm Dies at Age 67; Fans Send Love and Prayers
By Sachin Trivedi | February 19, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Social media is abuzz with the news of actor Christopher Malcolm's death. The actor played the role of a Rebel snow speeder pilot Zev Senesca, Rogue 2 in "Star Wars" Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back.
Christopher Malcolm was also well known for his work in "The Rocky Horror Show" in 1974 in which he played the role of Brad Majors. His most recent work was with "Oh! What a Lovely War at Stratford East." But "Star Wars" fans will always remember him as Rogue 2.
Christopher Malcolm playing the role of Rouge 2 was the one who found Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in the snow capped mountains in the planet Hoth, in the movie "Star Wars" Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back.
The news of his death was confirmed by his daughter in a tweet. According to her tweet, the actor passed away peacefully. Fans have taken to social media to express their sadness and offer their support.
Today the world lost a beautiful, brilliant man. My dad Christopher Malcolm left peacefully and with dignity. He will always be my hero. X
— morgan lloyd malcolm (@mogster) February 15, 2014
The actor spent most of his time working on theatre productions but he did have a large portfolio ranging from theatre to TV and movies. People who have met him have fond memories and some also expressed their gratitude.
More on Christopher Malcolm: I owe him so much, for believing in me, and giving me such a wonderful ride with #rockyhorror. Thank you Chris. — Nathan Taylor (@TheNathanTaylor) February 16, 2014
Musical director Mike Dixon in a tweet said that they have dedicated a show to Christopher Malcolm. The "Star Wars" actor will not be able to see the new upcoming movie which is due for release in 2015.
— Mike Dixon (@mikedixonmusic) February 16, 2014
The actor's co-stars in "Star Wars" Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams will reportedly be a part of the new upcoming movie playing the role of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Solo and Lando Calrissian respectively.
The other movies the actor is known for include "Labyrinth," "Highlander" and "Spies Like Us." The TV series the actor played a role in include "Absolutely Fabulous," "Daphne," "War and Remembrance," and "Whoops Apocalypse."
The thoughts and prayers of the fans are with Christopher Malcolm and his family. More reactions are pouring in on the social media as the news spreads. For many fans and colleagues the news has still not sunk in and they are still trying to come to terms with it.
More Articles to Read
'The Amazing Spiderman' 2 Is OsCorp the Real Enemy? Movie Cast and Release Date [Watch Trailer] [Read]
Will 'Need For Speed' Movie Beat 'Fast and Furious' 7 with an Early Release Date? [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 - Meet 27 Important Characters New and Returning [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money