Gaming News: Promised The Order: 1886 Trailer Out. Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark Confirmed; Kingdom Come: Deliverance on Next-gen
By Gel Galang | February 19, 2014 1:32 PM EST
After the embargo has lifted, the newest trailer for the Order: 1886 has finally been released, which you can view below.
Ready at Dawn has been very vocal about keeping the cinematic appeal of the game, and this still seems to be the focus of the trailer. Aside from giving the background of the era of The Order: 1886, none of the gameplay can be seen, so for those who have wanted to check out what's coming so they can preorder may be a bit disappointed.
*The next expansion for State of Decay has already been teased: Read here for more.
To be honest, the trailer seemed more like a movie's than a videogame's at this point. But Ru Weerasuriya, co-founder of Ready at Dawn, has stated that The Order: 1886 tries to go beyond what is expected of regular action shooters.
"We're finding interesting ways to introduce melee-combat in the genre that seamlessly moves you from gunplay to different combat experience," he said to Polygon. "We're building weapons that were not only cool and technologically advanced but believable at the time. the discrete parts-the metals, the capacitors, the wooden stocks-are pieced together then meshed with the spirit of modern-day weapons to create something fantastical, but grounded by some tie to reality."
New Transformers coming in as movie tie-in
With Michael Bay's Transformers: Age of Extinction coming out this summer, it was announced that a movie tie-in game is also in the works. Titled Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, it will be a sequel to Fall of Cybertron.
*Gearbox Software is planning a Borderlands 3--but it might not be coming soon: Read the full story here.
Metro reports that there are still just a few details that are ready for release about the game. Since Bay features giant Dinobots in the movie, it seems that the game has both the original and Bay's version of the characters.
Also, Grimlock is a playable character, and gamers can face off in Escalation, a multiplayer mode or play with 40 characters in the Survival mode.
For those who have played Transformer games previously, this one may be a little different, if only because it will be created by a different developer, Edge of Reality. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark will be out for the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U and 3DS.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance approved for both PS4 and Xbox One
The Kickstarter-funded game that found quite a big following, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is now sure to release on the next-gen consoles.
*Check out the newest snapshot from Mojang, Minecraft snapshot 14w07a, now available for download: Check out the additions here.
"We had lot of discussion with both Microsoft and Sony in the past weeks and we are happy to announce that the game concept of Kingdom Come: Deliverance was approved by both Sony and Microsoft for the next gen platform (PS4 and Xbox One)," said the developer in their official Kickstarter page as quoted by Polygon.
This comes with only hours until the funding ends, but already, the stretch goal is already approved seeing as how Warhorse Studios has already received dev kits for both of the consoles.
If you are interested in backing this project, there is still time. For those who backed a tier with a digital copy, you can choose which platform you want to avail of. Those who got a tier that has a boxed copy, but may want a console version, some goodies and the box will be sent depending on the tier.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has exceeded more than twice its original goal of £300,000 to £886,010. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a single-player RPG game set in medieval Europe. Instead of dragons and magic, what waits is a trip through the Middle Ages, where you can discover the world and engage in realistic battles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet