Top 5 March Movie Releases to Watch Out For: From '300: Rise of an Empire' to 'Divergent'
By charmaine corne clutton | February 19, 2014 1:08 PM EST
The month of March is just around the corner yet movie buffs cannot wait for the release of good flicks for the month. Avid fans of movies are up for a good treat as movies such as "300: Rise of an Empire" and "Divergent" are set to be released during March.
Below are the Top 5 movies to watch out for, along with their short synopsis for all of you movie fanatics:
#5 Need for Speed
Directed by Scott Waugh and produced by movie giant Dreamworks Productions, "Need for Speed" is definitely going to quench your thirst for fancy looking cars and automobiles. The movie is said to be the popular adaptation of the same video game by Electronic Arts. Actor Aaron Paul is set to play the main protagonist in the movie, alongside Dominic Cooper, Imogen Poots, Ramon Rodriguez and Michael Keaton. It is said that "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress Dakota Johnson is going to be featured in the film as well.
#4 Muppets Most Wanted
Are you in need of a comic relief movie? Well then "Muppets Most Wanted" is definitely the movie worth watching. Set against a global world tour, the Muppets find themselves embroiled in a European jewel heist spearheaded by Kermit the frog doppelganger and his ever-faithful sidekick. You'd definitely want to watch the movie as the cast who voiced the characters include Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Waltz and Salma Hayek, Tina Fey and many more. Bring in the whole family and watch this rendezvous of the famous puppets in town!
#3 The Raid 2
Up for some Asian films? "The Raid 2" is an Indonesian action flick directed by Gareth Evans. The film is said to be a sequel of the same title "The Raid" which features action stars such as Alex Abbad, Julie Estelle, Oka Antara and many more. "The Raid 2" tackles the story about Jakarta rookie cop who has to battle it out with gangsters and madmen to secure the lives of his infant and wife.
The dystopian movie adaptation of the novel of the same title, "Divergent" is going to rock the cinemas on March 21, 2014. Set in futuristic Chicago, the movie shall revolve around Beatrice "Tris" Prior, a woman that discovers she does not fit any personality faction the city is comprised of. Tris then discovers a sinister secret that has been kept in her futuristic perfect society. Shailene Woodley shall play the role of the main protagonist in the movie.
#1 300: Rise of an Empire
You all probably remember the line "Tonight....we dine in Hell!". Yes, "300: The Rise of an Empire" is a follow up to the 2007 movie "300". Need we say more about how good this follow up movie is going to be? The film is set to be released on March 7, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide