Top 5 March Movie Releases to Watch Out For: From '300: Rise of an Empire' to 'Divergent'
By charmaine corne clutton | February 19, 2014 1:08 PM EST
The month of March is just around the corner yet movie buffs cannot wait for the release of good flicks for the month. Avid fans of movies are up for a good treat as movies such as "300: Rise of an Empire" and "Divergent" are set to be released during March.
Below are the Top 5 movies to watch out for, along with their short synopsis for all of you movie fanatics:
#5 Need for Speed
Directed by Scott Waugh and produced by movie giant Dreamworks Productions, "Need for Speed" is definitely going to quench your thirst for fancy looking cars and automobiles. The movie is said to be the popular adaptation of the same video game by Electronic Arts. Actor Aaron Paul is set to play the main protagonist in the movie, alongside Dominic Cooper, Imogen Poots, Ramon Rodriguez and Michael Keaton. It is said that "Fifty Shades of Grey" actress Dakota Johnson is going to be featured in the film as well.
#4 Muppets Most Wanted
Are you in need of a comic relief movie? Well then "Muppets Most Wanted" is definitely the movie worth watching. Set against a global world tour, the Muppets find themselves embroiled in a European jewel heist spearheaded by Kermit the frog doppelganger and his ever-faithful sidekick. You'd definitely want to watch the movie as the cast who voiced the characters include Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Waltz and Salma Hayek, Tina Fey and many more. Bring in the whole family and watch this rendezvous of the famous puppets in town!
#3 The Raid 2
Up for some Asian films? "The Raid 2" is an Indonesian action flick directed by Gareth Evans. The film is said to be a sequel of the same title "The Raid" which features action stars such as Alex Abbad, Julie Estelle, Oka Antara and many more. "The Raid 2" tackles the story about Jakarta rookie cop who has to battle it out with gangsters and madmen to secure the lives of his infant and wife.
The dystopian movie adaptation of the novel of the same title, "Divergent" is going to rock the cinemas on March 21, 2014. Set in futuristic Chicago, the movie shall revolve around Beatrice "Tris" Prior, a woman that discovers she does not fit any personality faction the city is comprised of. Tris then discovers a sinister secret that has been kept in her futuristic perfect society. Shailene Woodley shall play the role of the main protagonist in the movie.
#1 300: Rise of an Empire
You all probably remember the line "Tonight....we dine in Hell!". Yes, "300: The Rise of an Empire" is a follow up to the 2007 movie "300". Need we say more about how good this follow up movie is going to be? The film is set to be released on March 7, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar