'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Ian Somerhalder Goes Mountaineering After 'Cuddling' on Valentine's Day?
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 19, 2014 12:33 PM EST
So Ian Somerhalder is a mountainman. "Two Words- Sun Valley- Two more words Hell Yes... So happy to be in my mountain home with my family, friends, our mountain and our pizza. Ahhhhh. Bliss..." he shared on his Twitter account @iansomerhalder on Tuesday, Feb. 18, with a shared Instagram image.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djsnsezian
Somerhalder looks so happy and contented on his Instagram. There was a screenshot of what Ian was playing-When My Time Comes by Dawes from the album North Hills, Ian's feet showing he was snowboarding, McClain's pizzeria signage in Hailey, Idaho, and a glass of what Ian was drinking.
Rumors had spread and fans had started to ask questions on Valentine's Day. Who was the beautiful blonde he was cuddling with? His shared Instagram image showed that the beautiful blonde was none other than Nietzsche-Ian Somerhalder's dog who had given birth to beautiful puppies.
After breaking up with his ex-real life girlfriend Nina Dobrev, the coactor he's dating in The Vampire Diaries series, Ian had essentially shifted from being in a relationship to being single. So now his Valentine, apparently, was his dog.
But, to Mr Somerhalder, moving on seemed to be working well. His Twitter tweets are sounding like he is a happy man. In fact, he was talking about spreading love on Valentine's Day. No signs of a grudgingly brokenhearted man. Same goes to Nina Dobrev who's currently dating rising star Liam Hemsworth.
Jokes about the Somerhalder and Dobrev breakup during the 40th Annual People's Choice Awards in Jan. 8 as reported on Us Weekly proved that moving on was the right thing to do after their official breakup in May 2013.
"Get your sh*t together," it said.
Ian seems to enjoy life at present, and there is no doubt that he loves his mountain home-Sun Valley, Idaho. No signs of the beautiful blonde Nietzsche, though. But at least he was straightforward about getting cuddled by his dog on Valentine's Day.
Catch Ian Somerhalder as he captures his fans, once again, as Damon Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 on Thursday night, Feb. 27, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network with Episode 14 titled "No Exit".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James